camp-comment message

Subject: Section 2 Concepts and Types

Greetings!

Section 2 begins with this paragraph:

*****
This document specifies the self-service management API that a
Platform as a Service offering presents to the consumer of the
platform. The API is typically the interface into a platform
implementation layer that
controls the deployment of applications and their use of the platform.
*****

"This document...?" cut-n-paste error?

"...is typically the interface..." ?

Two issues:

1) Hanging paragraphs - If this part of 2 is non-normative (typically)
then how do we declare it? If 2 Concepts and Types is declared to be
non-normative, does that extend to all of 2?

I mention that because there is requirements language (SHALL and SHALL
NOT) that occurs in the paragraph prior to 2.2 Deployment.

Declaring all of 2 non-normative would exclude those statements from
the normative portion of the text.

2) Section 2 reads like non-normative text but as per the existing
rule on non-normative text, it is now normative.

I hesitate because normative text doesn't use terms like "typically."
I can't conform to "typically."

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau