Subject: Nov 2012 F2F Logistics

hi,
  Here is some logistical information for the first CAMP TC f2f. Please let me know if you have any questions/issues.

The first CAMP TC Face to Face meeting will take place at Oracle Headquarters in Redwood Shores, California, which is just off 101, about 10 miles south of San Francisco Airport (SFO)

We have booked room 1004 at  301 Island Parkway, Belmont, CA 94002 -  http://goo.gl/maps/N9gp1 .

For those of you who have been to HQ before, you probably haven't experienced the Island Parkway buildings. If you park by the main oracle buildings there is a pedestrian bridge over the slough in front of building 100 which connects to those buildings. You can also drive over and park in front of the building from Marine Pkwy.

The meeting room is behind security (just really through the doors and down the hall), but you will have to be escorted by an oracle employee. Please go to reception and ask for me, Martin, or just the OASIS CAMP meeting. We'll make sure the receptionist knows how to get hold of one of us.

I'll also make sure that one of us is hanging about starting around 9:15 or so.

There is a Hyatt House across the street from the meeting room, though I don't know anyone who ahs stayed there: http://belmont.house.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-belmont-house/index.jsp?null

Other  hotels close by include:

Sofitel: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-0922-sofitel-san-francisco-bay/index.shtml
TownPlace Suites: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sforw-towneplace-suites-redwood-city-redwood-shores/
Holiday Inn Express: http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/belmont/belca/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=mdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-ex-_-belca

There's also a Motel 6 and an Extended Suites and a slew of other hotels in the area. Google or your favorite hotel site is your friend.

Note: if you stay up near the airport (or really anyplace much north of oracle) you pretty much have to get on 101 or el camino into order to go north, as there's this pesky san francisco bay which blocks local roads on the bay side of 101.

Since we decided to start at 9:30, breakfast will not be provided, but we will have coffee, sodas and snacks.

Oracle has a large number of cafes -- in buildings 200, 300, 400 and 600 that are not behind security. 300 is the "cafe cafe" and is open at 7 am for hot breakfasts and espresso, etc. They do order your own omelets, eggs, etc.

Lunch will be DIY, (we'll just go over to one of the cafes) and we will organise a self pay F2F dinner on one of the evenings.

Also, just to add to festivities, tues is Election Day, so some of us could be a bit "excitable".

See you then.

cheers,
  jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Sr. Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975