Subject: Re: [camp] Cloud Foundry Core

Adrian

I've pinged ActiveState as I was surprised to see Stackato was missing from the list.

Best
--
Duncan Johnston-Watt
CEO | Cloudsoft Corporation

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Nov 2012, at 15:21, Adrian Otto <adrian.otto@rackspace.com> wrote:

Today there was an announcement in the news you should be aware of. The Cloud Foundry guys have made an attempt at cross-installation compatibility by defining supported application frameworks and services that applications can use. There is a test tool. If the list of standard ones is present, then you are considered compatible, and an application expecting those components is expected to work when moved to that platform.

It seems simple, but it does validate the idea of keeping some registry or list of common common components, and a well defined way to check if a given application is expected to work on a target platform.

--
Adrian