Subject: Draft Minutes 5th December 2012 - update

[chair needs to remember to tick himself on the kavi attendance form during roll call!]

Meeting Minutes 5th December 1012

Attendees:

Name				Company				Role

Behrens, Michael		US Department of Defense (DoD)	Voting Member
Byreddy, Bhaskar Reddy	Software AG, Inc.			Voting Member
Carlson, Mark			Oracle					Voting Member
Chapman, Martin		Oracle					Chair
Grange, Keith			JumpSoft				Member
Janssen, Gershon		Individual				Voting Member
Jilk, David			Standing Cloud, Inc.		Voting Member
Karmarkar, Anish		Oracle					Voting Member
Kunze, Tobias			Red Hat				Voting Member
Luster, Eugene		US Department of Defense (DoD)	Member
Malhotra, Ashok		Oracle					Voting Member
Miller, Rich			Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Mischkinsky, Jeff		Oracle					Voting Member
Otto, Adrian			Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Secretary (and Voting Member
Pilz, Gilbert	   		Oracle					Voting Member
Rutt, Tom			Fujitsu Limited			Voting Member
Song, Zhexuan			Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.	Voting Member
Tupitza, Charles		JumpSoft				Voting Member
Yendluri, Prasad		Software AG, Inc.			Voting Member

Intro:
   Scribe: Eugene Luster assumes Scribe Duties
   Roll call: meeting is quorate with 17 present of 20 = 85%

   Agenda: approved as posted

Minutes:

  28th November: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201211/msg00171.html
   no discussion on minutes -
   Motion: m:Jeff s: Adrian approve minutes of 28th November
   Passed w/o

Action Items:

  ACTION-20121108-0: Martin Chapman to request a specification template from the TC admin
  Done

  ACTION-20122811-0: Editing team to inform the Chair of what format (word or odf) they would like the templates in.
  Done

Administrivia:

  2nd F2F update. No new information as yet.

Editing Team Update:

   Two starter documents have been created:

      camp-spec: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00001.html
      camp-ta: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00002.html

  Editors Draft folder created: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/documents.php?folder_id=2719
      Editors only working area.

  Anish went through his email summarizing Editor's proposals:
  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00018.html

  1) Editors will be using Microsoft Word format (.doc, not .docx).
  2) Editors will be using the "Editors Drafts" folder to communicate and store interim work products. No separate subgroup. This folder is meant for editors only.
  3) Working Drafts will be in the "Working Drafts" folder
  4) Work products:
     Main spec: camp-spec-v1.1-wdxx.doc, camp-spec-v1.1-csdxx.doc, camp-spec-v1.1-csprdxx.doc, etc
     TA: camp-ta-v1.1-wdxx.doc, camp-ta-v1.1-csdxx.doc, camp-ta-v1.1-csprdxx.doc, etc
  5) PDF be considered authoritative over all other formats.
  6) WDs will contain redlines between the last version and the current version, but not previous versions.
  6a) When starting new WD from a prior document version, editors will first accept-all-changes to eliminate all redlines, and begin editing.
  6b) Upon completion, the new WD is saved with version N+1 with redlines.
  6c) For each "candidate" CSD or CSPRD we'll provide a diff from the previous CSD or CSPRD as appropriate.

  Tc members should not use of reference documents in the "Editors Draft" folder - it is used for editors collaboration only
  Working draft folder is to be utilized for drafts for TC review

  Anish presents document version methods for OASIS
  Anish and Martin propose two methods for document change versions of red lines
  Jeff asks for clarification to reduce complexity of the document version methods
  Anish adds that either version policy will work, though he adds that Word can assist to the discussion
  Tom adds to this discussion in regards that this could work with incremental model
  Gil adds that he would rather not be doing too many CSDs
  Martin reinforces Jeff's clarification

  Gil: I don't want to be forced into doing CSDs "more often than we might otherwise" simply because we need to deal with the problem of too many cumulative
   ..... changes it seems like unnecessary overhead

  jeffm: the overhead is having a vote

  Anish adds that maintaining less diffs will work

  Adrian: I do not want to cause editors additional work creating redline content when it can be generated on demand by using
   ....  features of the Word editor tool to produce them as needed.

   Jeff adds we have spent enough time on this discussion and we will adjust as necessary after the editors work this out

  Adrian adds that whatever procedure to be utilized should not be just busy work

  We will follow the editors process and monitor how well it works.

New Issues:

   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-34   Immutable and read-only attributes in the REST world

  Anish presents his new issue
  Motion: m: Adrian s: Anish open issue 34
  Passed w/o

Issue Discussion:

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-13    Media Type "type" argument not compatible with Python request parsers

   Adrian goes over his proposal in JIRA
   Gil: +1 to 'type' as a required attribute for all resources

   Motion: m: Adrian s: Ashok Resolve issue 13 with the proposal in JIRA.
   Passed w/o

  https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-33   Time zones and timestamps

   Gil presents ISO 8061 support or the requirement UTC support - though Gil favors UTC
   AdrianI have to leave the meeting at this time. Please consult my comments on CAMP-33 for consideration.

   Tobias adds that time zone math is inconvenient
   Ashok requests more clarification in regards to UTC or local time utilization and which time to be used
   Anish: looking at the issue, the priority is set to 'trivial'

   Discussion on whether to use UTC zulu time only or to encourage UTC but allow timezone offsets

   Tom asks for clarification on the timezone request
   Tobias answers that this is basically a convenience ideally
   MartinC1: the proposal is a profile/subset  of 8601 - to just use utc
   Eugene suggests supporting 8601 and UTC since this is a spec to be a standard
   Gil presented the POV of coding based on a spec that uses the word "should" generates more coding effort for parsing
   Anish comments that metadata attribute of timestamp in "create" should not be the only aspect - that if re remove it this issue goes away
   Martin agrees with Gil and that time conversion burden may be required anyway
   Ashok asks Tobias if we allow only UTC would this acceptable
   Gil asks if the CAMP spec requires that the timestamp requires only UTC

 Motion: m:ashok, s:tom resolve issue 33 by saying that  Times are expressed in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), with a special UTC designator ("Z")

   Martin moves to amend the motion to say: SHALL be expressed in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), with a special UTC designator ("Z").
     Amendment passes w/o

   Gil moves to amend to add "direct editors to update the description of the "Timestamp" value (section 5.1.4) with the above text"

  Tobias and Adrian object to  the motion
  Motion passes with two objections

  Passing on issue 15 this week

 Passing on issue 30 this week

  Unassigned issues. Chair calls for people to assign themselves issues they want to make proposals on.
  Does not preclude a proposal being made on an unassigned issue - all proposals will be treated equally.

AOB:
  Straggler roll: none

Meeting adjourned

-----