Subject: Draft Minutes 2nd January 2013

Meeting Minutes 2nd January 2013

Attendees:

Carlson, Mark			Oracle				Voting Member
Chapman, Martin		Oracle				Chair
Durand, Jacques		Fujitsu Limited		Voting Member
Heneveld, Alex		Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Janssen, Gershon		Individual			Voting Member
Johnston-Watt, Duncan	Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Karmarkar, Anish		Oracle				Voting Member
Kunze, Tobias			Red Hat			Voting Member
Malhotra, Ashok		Oracle				Voting Member
Miller, Rich			Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Voting Member
Mischkinsky, Jeff		Oracle				Voting Member
Otto, Adrian			Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Secretary
Pilz, Gilbert			Oracle				Voting	Member
Rutt, Tom			Fujitsu Limited		Voting Member

Intro:

  Scribe: Anish assumes scribing duties.
  Roll: attendees listed above, 65%, meeting is quorate
  Agenda Bashing: Agenda approved as posted.

Minutes:

  19th December 2012: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00097.html

  Motion: m:rich s:jeff approve the minutes of 2012-12-19 located at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00097.html
  motion approved w/o

Adminsitrivia:

 F2F: 8 indicated that they'll attend
      There will be callin facility for the f2f

  Cloud Connect 2013:
      no one has heard back from Jane yet
      Mark: would there be free passes for OASIS members?

     ACTION-20130102-0: Martin to contact Jane regd Cloud Connect 2013 regarding CAMP presentation and and free passes for OASIS Members

Topic: Editing team update

  Jacques: posted the TA draft few weeks ago: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/document.php?document_id=47747
   ... it contains sample test assertions
   ... the intend of TA doc is provide a link between the spec and testing
   ... think about what a test writer would need
   ... consumers of TAs are not spec experts

  Jacques walks through TA ID CAMP-TA-Example1

  Tom: prefer that normative stmt be what is in the spec. If it is not clear then fix the spec stmt
  Jacques: perhaps in some cases, but sometimes it is not suitable to replace the spec text
  Gil: identifying which attributes are not part of the resource is tricky
  Gil: perhaps we should define a special name such as "notAnAttribute" which must never be used by any CAMP impl or any extension of the CAMP impl?
  Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): @gil is there any way to acquire that knowledge from the provider thru some kind of query (perhaps metadata query)?
  Gil: see issue 1
  Gil: it would be nice to "know", without doing metadata look ups, that an attempt to set the "notAnAttribute" attribute should generate an error
  Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I agree with Anish that in test assertions the Prerequisite attribute should be present in all TA's, and shuould  be set to "none" if there is no prerequisite.
  Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): +1
  Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): The black box approach has the targets being observable entities, the messages are the only things which are observable
  anish: would prefer not to copy spec text into TA docs. Makes it hard to keep in sync. Prefer to use tags. May want to include
   ...'Explanation' or something like that. Would like to have prerequisite in all TAs. Would like to define targets such as message,
   ... client, server, pdp etc

  Jacques: this is a long discussion about methodology. Several ways here. Agree with using tags from main spec. Need linkage and taging.
   ... wrt rewording, it helps to do so.

  ashok: our protocol works with REST and works with HTTP. Do we have to test those aspects? Or only the protocol and assume that others will test the underlying HTTP-ness/RESTful-ness
  Jacques: we might want to think about profile of HTTP. We can make those assumptions and should be visible somewhere in the doc.
  ... that is what we did for WS-I

  Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): from 2.1 design principles -Test environment assumptions: Describe the approach used: e.g. the test design assumes
  ...the CAMP Provider to be a black box that is only evaluated via message exchanges. So the actual test targets will be messages
  ... or sequences of messages (or separate artifacts? E.g. PDP packages? )

  Jacques: we still have to make a methodology choice about targets, predicates etc. Am open to discussion on that as well as the style of TAs.

  Tom: want to point out that there is a 'black box' design principle involved

  Jacques: test suite should be written not just for conformance but also to figure out what kind of options are used/supported.
  ...Hence we need to look at not should musts, but also shoulds and mays
  ... might want to split things into major areas: protocol, serialization/model, lifecycle, etc

Topic: CSD creation

Adrian Otto (Rackspace): We should create the drafts by request from the TC's

  anish: talks about what is in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201212/msg00095.html
   ... 1st CSD for next call
  Discussion oin principles for doing a cd  and whether all resolved issues need to be applied before a CsD vote.
  It was noted that there is usually a lag of a few resolved issues not being appliead when a CSD is approved.

Topic: Issue 18

  anish: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-18   API Authentication/Authorization not clear and should leave scope for other auth mechanisms
  High level proposal from Gil

  Gil talks about his comment from 2012-12-19 in JIRA

  Gil: authorization is hard, don't think can be said about it. Authentication is slightly easier
  anish: would it make sense to require the server support basic auth, but not require that it be used by clients?
  Gil: few have said that they consider basic and digest auth to be broken even when used over https
  ... this requires that servers allow clients that use basic auth into their system. And for some that is a non-starter
  Mark: need more time to think about this
  Tobias: should treat security as an external issue
  ... need to have an API to discover what is supported

Topic: other issues

  not ready for more discussion yet

Topic: AOB

  Straggler roll:   Duncan noted for the roll

  With current reservations and dial-in facilities we should be quorate for the F2F

Meeting adjourned

----

Summary of New and Outstanding Action Items: