Subject: Draft Minutes of 2/6/2013 CAMP TC Teleconf Meeting

Meeting Minutes CAMP TC Conference  Wednesday, 06 February 2013
10:00am to 11:30am PST
Attendees:
Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 	Roshan Agrawal 	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc. 	Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy 	Member
Oracle 	Mark Carlson 	Voting Member
Oracle 	Anish Karmarkar 	Voting Member
Oracle 	Ashok Malhotra 	Voting Member
Oracle 	Jeff Mischkinsky 	Voting Member
Axway Software 	Dale Moberg 	Observer
Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 	Adrian Otto 	Secretary
Oracle 	Gilbert Pilz 	Voting Member
Red Hat 	Krishna Raman 	Member
Fujitsu Limited 	Tom Rutt 	Secretary
JumpSoft 	Charles Tupitza 	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc. 	Prasad Yendluri 	Voting Member

Tom Rutt acted as Chair Pro Temp for this meeting as agreed at F2F in San Antonio.
Charlie Tupitza assumed scribe duties
New member Krishna from red hat introduced
Intro:
    Roll: attendees listed above: Attendance recorded 10 of 17 (58%) Meeting is quorate
    Agenda:  Approved as posted

Minutes:
   	30 January 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201301/msg00204.html
 	Motion: Adrian, seconded by Jeff, approve Jan 30 Minutes. Passed unanimously.

Action Items:
 	None

Administrivia:
Confirm dates for next F2F, currently planned for April 3-5. Acknowledge overlap with OASIS20 and Cloud Connect conference.
Discussed Overlap with Cloud Connect:
Fujitsu is preferred location, due to the close proximity of Fujitsu Sunnyvale Campus to Santa Clara OASIS venue.
Agreed that OASIS 5-7:30 Lightening event needs to be accommodated by our F2F agenda schedule, so we can all attend that event.
Adrian volunteered to be our Lightening round presenter for the Cloud Connect conference and will send email to confirm

 Editing Team Update:

 	WD03 Document released on 2013-03-05. Includes issue resolutions for 2, 6, 10, 14, 25:
      	Email Announcement: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201302/msg00016.html
	Anish described how he addressed issues 2,6,10,14,25, and 35.  No concerns were raised
New Issues:
None

Issue Discussion:

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-25  Refine link structure
   Adrian described hs recent changes to the JIRA issue after resolution. No objections were raised.

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-28  How to extend the application lifecycle model
   	Adrian presented his Proposal to close no action as covered by CAMP-10
	Motion: Adrian, seconded Anish to close CAMP-28 with no action.  Passed Unanimously

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-18  API Authentication/Authorization not clear and should leave scope for other auth mechanisms
   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-19  SSL Cipher Suite
   Adrian presented his proposal in JIRA to resolve both issues with one resolution.
	Motion: Adrian, seconded by Charlie to resolve CAMP-18 and CAMP-19 with proposal for CAMP-19.
	After discussion of motion, it was agreed that resolution for CAMP-18 requires further discussion
	Motion to Amend: Adrian, seconded by Anish: Resolve camp 19 with new proposal  camp-19-2013-02-06.doc.  Amendment passed Unanimously
	Amended motion to Resolve Camp-19 passed unanimously.

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-38  resourceState attribute needs clarification
   	Gil presented his proposal revised after discussion on 30th January.  After discussion, there was agreement to removing HEAD operation from table.28
	Motion: Adrian, seconded by Gil: Resolve CAMP-38 with Gil's amended proposal in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/48169/camp-38-2013-02-06.doc  .  Passed unanamously

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-30 Parameter Scheme
   Adrian presented his revised Proposal in JIRA, based on feedback from January F2F discussion.
	No motions were made, the following is a Chat Log of discussions on Adrian's proposal.  Adrian stated he would consider this discussion before making a new proposal.
anish: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4627 says "The names within an object SHOULD be unique" in section 2.2
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): Do we have to specify behavior if names are not unique?
Gil: not if you say 'SHOULD'
Gil: if we said 'MUST' then we probably ought to specify the behavior in the case that the requirement is violated
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): But if we say SHOULD and we have duplicate keys what happens?  Are we silent?  Platform decision?
Gil: we are silent - by saying 'SHOULD' we are basically admitting that there might be good reasons to have duplicate keys
Gil: but we don't know what those reasons are
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): So, platform specific
Gil: the CAMP impl might support those reasons or it might not
Gil: right
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): I guess that's ok
Gil: it's consistent
Gil: if you specify exactly what the CAMP impl is required to do - you ought to be using 'MUST'
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): Yeah, I'd have gone for MUST    Seems like a loose end
Gil: anyone who's spent time in the trenches of the WS-I knows these things are a ticking bomb
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): Which, SHOULD or MUST?
Gil: anything but MUST
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): yeah, exactly!
Gil: every MAY or SHOULD is another factor in a combinatoric expansion of possible client and server implementations
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle): Yes
The remaining issues on the agenda should be transferred to the next Teleconf
AOB:
	None
Meeting adjourned 2:30 PM Pacific time.