Subject: Draft Minutes 13th February 2013

Meeting Minutes 13th February 2013

Attendees:

Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 		Roshan Agrawal 	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc. 			Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy 	Member
Oracle 				Mark Carlson 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Martin Chapman 	Chair
Fujitsu Limited 			Jacques Durand 	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited 	Alex Heneveld 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Anish Karmarkar 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Ashok Malhotra 	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited 	Rich Miller 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Jeff Mischkinsky 	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 		Adrian Otto 	Secretary
Oracle 				Gilbert Pilz 	Voting Member
Red Hat 				Krishna Raman 	Member
Fujitsu Limited 			Tom Rutt 		Voting Member
JumpSoft 				Charles Tupitza 	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc. 			Prasad Yendluri 	Voting Member

Intro:

   Gil assumes scribe duties

   Roll: attendees listed above, 14 voting members out of 15, 93%, meeting is quorate
   Agenda:

     Martin> reviews agenda
     MOTION: Adrian moves to accept agenda, Ashok seconds
     MOTION PASSES BY UAC

Minutes:

    6th February 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201302/msg00023.html
    Thanks to Tom for acting as pro-tem chair, with support from Adrian
    (no discussion)
    MOTION: Anish moves to accept minutes of 6th Feb 2013, Adrian seconds
    MOTION PASSES BY UAC

Administrivia:

   Next F2F
   (discussion of next F2F)
    Jacques> I need to confirm how many people we should expect
   Adrian> 15 is what we decided at last F2F
   Jacques> that will work
   Anish> can we finalize this?
   Jacques> yes
   Tom> want to close early enough to make the OASIS session at Cloud Connect
   ... probably have to stop at 4:00pm
   (discussion on logistics)

  3-5th April

   RESOLUTION: next meeting to be held in Sunnyvale, CA (Fujitsu) from April 3-5, Jacques to send out logistics.

Editing team update:

   WD04: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/48254/camp-spec-v1.1-wd04-r2.doc
   Adrian> I've produced WD04 that includes 38 and 19
    ... after I posted the WD04 I noticed some discrepancies
   ... so I fixed those, and updated WD04 (wd04-r2)

New issues:

    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-48  Using SelectAttr in conjunction with PUT is duplicative and problematic
     Gil presents new issue  CAMP-48
    (discussion of whether or not to open the issue)
     Adrian: if  36 is resolved without support for PATCH, would you close 48 with no action?
    anish:    yes

   MOTION: Adrian moves to open CAMP-48, Anish seconds
   Martin> priority?
   Gil> P2
   MOTION PASSES BY UC

  https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-49  Resolution fo issue 39 results in resources that do not have common attributes
     Anish presents the issue
     MOTION: Adrian move to open CAMP-49, Anish seconds
    MOTION PASSES BY UC

     Tom> can we resolve this today?
    Anish> we could if people are okay with not seeing the exact text
    Gil> we need to come up the 'type' values for this thing
   Tom> if there is text we have to see, there is no rush
   Adrian> I want to get CAMP-1 resolved, which depend on CAMP-39
     ... I would like to see this resolved immediately

   MOTION: Adrian moves to resolve CAMP-49 by "doing the right thing", Tom seconds
   (discussion)
   anish: so we have: DTRT (do the right thing) as a proposal and CNA (close w/ no action) as a proposal for issue resolution
     Adrian> if people don't like how we resolve this, they can object and we'll re-factor

   MOTION (corrected): Adrian moves to resolve CAMP-49 using the direction stated in the proposal, Tom seconds
   Adrian> (agrees to be assigned this issue)
   Anish> update CAMP-39 to point to CAMP-49 so we can remember what we did
   MOTION PASSES BY UC

   Martin> is this directional?
   Anish> this requires spec changes - it should be marked as "Resolved"

Issue Discussion:

    http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-1  Need a way to get metadata for a particular resource

       Anish> (presents proposal)
      ... Adrian has updated it with additional changes
      Adrian> purely editorial changes
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): why not call it ResourceType ?
       Jacques> would like to work on this a bit more to see if we can make the terminology less confusing
      Tom> just for this proposal?
      Anish> we'd have to change everything consistently in the spec
      Tom> we could do this with another, editorial, issue
      Anish> some terms can't change - "Resource" for example
      Adrian> could call them "Metadata"
      Anish> "attribute metadata resource", "type metadata resource"
      Adrian> Attribute Definition Resource, Type Definition Resource
      All: (general agreement on Adrian's update)
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace): 5.19 Type Resource -> 5.19 TypeDefinition Resource
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace): 5.20 Attribute Resource -> 5.19 AttributeDefinition Resource

    Alex> need to make value of "Mutable" to be a boolean
     ... need another issue for this

   Jacques> where do we specify whether the attribute is optional or not
   Adrian> in the cardinality
   Gil> if it has '0' in the range of its value space, it's optional
   Gil> also need to document the pseudo-syntax used in the examples
   ... '?'
   Jacques> I don't like conflating 'cardinality' with 'optionality'
   ... we need to separate these two issue

   Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): +1 s/cardinality/optional/

   Anish> need another issue to resolve the whole issue around cardinality
   Tom> this is another global issue

   Adrian> I have a version that has been "adjusted" that I can display
   (joint editing session on Adrian's "adjusted" version)

   MOTION: Adrian moves to resolve CAMP-1 with V3 of proposal in JIRA, Tom seconds
    MOTION PASSES BY UC

   http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-40   version array resource/thing has a number of problems

   Gil> (presents proposal)
   Anish> can we mandate the value of the 'version' attribute?
   Jacques> is there any reason why we are referring to an versions resource from the Platform?
   ... couldn't we inline this?
   Anish> it's useful to have a separate Versions resource for the reasons that Gil mentioned
   ... as a provider, I can "hand out" the URL to the Versions resource as a starting point
   ... they can then pick which version the want to interact with
   ... that's better than inlining it in 3 different Platform resources
   Jacques> but it is a small amount of data, and this saves another round trip
   (discussion on the idea of inlining versions in Platform)
   Adrian Otto (Rackspace): Access to this resource may be warranted prior to authentication. This flexibility justifies a separate resource for Versions

  Adrian Otto (Rackspace): Extensibility section needs to prohibit non-backwards compatible changes to the Versions resource

  Gil will update the proposal.

AOB:

  Stragglers: add Rich Miller to the roll

MEETING ADJOURNED