Subject: Draft Minutes 17th April 2013

Meeting Minutes 17th April 2013

Attendees:

Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 		Roshan Agrawal 	Member
Oracle 				Mark Carlson 	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited 			Jacques Durand 	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited 	Alex Heneveld 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Anish Karmarkar 	Voting Member
Oracle 				Ashok Malhotra 	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 		Adrian Otto 	Secretary/ Pro-tem Chair
Oracle 				Gilbert Pilz 	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited 			Tom Rutt 		Voting Member
JumpSoft 				Charles Tupitza 		Voting Member

Intro:

    Alex assumes scribe duties.
    Adrian appointed as pro-tem chair due to Martin's planned absence.

   Roll: Attendees listed above, meetign gained quoum eventually:  9 of 16, 56%
         Regrets from Martin.

   Agenda:  Add dicussion of Twitter account.
      Motion: Alex moves to accept the agenda amended to discuss the Twitter account
      Anish seconds. Accepted.

Minutes:

   10th April 2013 F2F Minutes:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201304/msg00050.html

     Motion: Anish moves to approve minutes of 10 Apr as posted. Alex seconds. Minutes accepted.

Administrivia:

      Discussion of Cloud interoperability week in September. Someone wanted to present in Madrid. Questionnaire needs answering.
      Anish volunteers to answer questionnaire and indicate provisional attendance/presentation. (Noted we can always withdraw if needed.)

Project Status:

     Timeline discussion,  9 P1's.
     Anish: PDP is the big issue. Others will fall into place.
     Gil: concern about first PR if PDP issue drags out much longer.

Editing Team Update:

     apologies issued, no update yet. one minor issue. Anish offers to amend that by this week.
     Gil offers to do a full sweep of minor tweaks (eg spelling). Suggested he do this after revisions this week.

 F2F Debrief:

     Ashok asks about scaling discussion at F2F. Alex summarises consensus on need for issue 9 (sensors + operations) with issue 11 (logic/trigger/policy)
      on top of this unspecified (could be external, or platform component).
     Ashok asks about event-condition-action vs monitor-analyse-plan-execute cycles. Adrian points out latter one is more inclusive.
     Jacques points out "metrics" as used in other specs contains collection logic, frequency for certain values.
     Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Perhaps we need to worry about standard sensors, let metrics be done elsewhere

NEW ISSUES:

     https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-62  - arrays of links in JSON

        Gil: Conformant CAMP servers must support the HTTP PATCH method in conjunction with the ?application/json-patch? media type
         ...with the following, additional provisions with respect  to the operations defined in section 4 of the JSON Patch specification [JSON Patch <#JSONPatch>]:
        Gil: the above is from section 6.9.2
        Anish Karmarkar: P2-1

      Motion: Gil moves to open issue as P2 assigned to him. s: Tom. Passed without objection.

ISSUE DISCUSSION:

     https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-60  - capabilities

       Gil: +1 to getting rid of capabilities
     Capabilities are conceptual but the "real" connection is component -> requirement -> component
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): YES YES YES

     Mark - some platforms may be instantiating platform components dynamically; wants capabilities to give client indication of what values are allowable
     Jacques - also concerned about getting rid of capabilities without having a way to express the ranges
     Gil - capabilities are underspecified at present, and wiggle room / expressivity could be done on templates and/or requirements; not worth having new resource type
     Jacques (Fujitsu): template = ranges of values + default value
     Mark: without capabilities CAMP would be like a box of chocolates.
     (you would not know what you are going to get)
     Gil: you can decorate the Link from the ACT->PCT to indicate which specific values you want
     Gil: that's why I pointed that out
     Jacques: template could do what capabilities do, to simplify
     Anish Karmarkar: so much for limiting the discussion to 5 mins
     Alex: capabilities doesn't pull its weight
     Tom: keep them consistent

    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-3  - PDP upload

     Alex: I have a proposal which answers the question (but doesn't yet update all relevant parts of doc)
     Mark: why not .dp ?
    Alex: camp.json seemed simpler.
     Jacques: do we need to say more about manifest.  Alex: we don't. but if someone wanted to they could.
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): The manifest file contains a list of all the other files in the package and may contain file-related metadata such as checksums.
     .... The certificate is used to sign the package manifest.
     Anish: this only addresses part of the issue; real question is chapter 6, the API
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): Keep in mind that PDPs may be arbitrarily LARGE - typically GBs in size if they contain database loads, images and data archives.
     ..... Getting them up there in a single POST or PUT may be problematic.
     Anish: need to support at least two ways, upload a PDP (and refer to it thereafter), or upload+register simultaneously
     Chair: Alex to move this from issue 3 to issue 4 part 1
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): The platform must have credentials to access what is at that URI...
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): Likely we will specify that the MIME type of the object at that URI would be "application/zip" or some such.
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): +1

   NEXT ISSUE - nothing to say about 30

     NEXT ISSUE - PDP - https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-4  (Alex)

     Anish asks:  how many people deeply interested?
     Roshan (Rackspace): I am very interested in the PDP discussion
     Jacques (Fujitsu): am interested in hearing about #4 during this meeting but not on task force

     Anish Karmarkar initiated a vote - please click the Vote button to cast your ballot:
     Are you interested in participating in a TF for issue 4?
     (1) Yes
     (2) No
     This is a single choice vote.
     Anish Karmarkar voted for: Yes
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft) voted for: Yes
     Mark Carlson (DMTF) voted for: Yes
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace) voted for: Yes
     Jacques (Fujitsu) voted for: No
     Roshan voted for: Yes (submitted by: Anish Karmarkar)
     Ashok Malhotra (Oracle) voted for: Yes
     Anish Karmarkar ended the vote - results:
     Are you interested in participating in a TF for issue 4?

     Tally  Choice
       6      Yes
       1      No
      0      Abstains
     Anish, Alex, Mark, Adrian, Roshan, Ashok, and Gil interested.  7, less than half.

     Anish Karmarkar: I'll be happy to coordinate having calls for the TF

TOPIC: TWITTER ACCOUNT

     Gil: we have twitter account, we can share credentials
     Gil: use to blast out committee drafts, interop events, upcoming talks
     Gil: seeking sign-off for non-controversial, unopinionated tweets
     Alex: and to retweet / promote other publicity
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): If it's not @campspec, what is the handle?
     Jacques (Fujitsu): so who is the "tweet editor"?
     Gil: NOT permitted to talk crap about other things
     Anish: needs to be real-time, so give blanket approval to select group of editors to make such tweets
     Mark Carlson (DMTF): We should all follow whatever handle and re-tweet as appropriate.
     Karmarkar: +1

     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): @Mark that's where we add the controversial opinions
     Jacques: NOT controversial
     Anish Karmarkar: can we include the handle on the public page of the TC

     @camp_oasis

     Chair: bring up for vote next week, and who should have this responsibility
     Anish: please volunteer on mailing list

AOB

    None

Meeting adjourned