Subject: Re: [camp] Groups - camp-spec-v1.1-wd08-issue-4-v2-gp2.doc uploaded

hi gil-

great set of changes - thanks.  a few comments:

- i wanted to include at least one example which _did_ use VM's because i think that will make the spec more relevant to a wider audience
- for similar reasons i wanted to include at least one example which simply wrapped an alternate format, either TOSCA or OpenStack Heat, or even Cloudformation
- i like your addition of requirement references and i think i like your simplification around fulfillment references

having worked through several more examples i'm also convinced we should support yaml.  it is so much easier to write and to read.  we should make sure everything can be expressed as pure json -- which is valid yaml but am saying not use advanced yaml, really just the shortcuts around quotes and maps.

since last week i and others spent some time with the openstack folks we've been working on an almost identical problem, and you can view both the starting point (aws cloudformation converted to yaml) and my evolution (in alex1/ - looks a lot like yaml of what's in this spec draft, with the addition of input parameters which is something we've not yet covered in the spec -- still focussed on VM's but should be clear how it lifts) at [1].  you might also want to check out the DSL which rackspace have been using internally, at [2].

--a

[1] https://github.com/ahgittin/heat-hot-dsl-prototyping
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/DSL