Subject: Re: [camp] Draft Minutes 2013-05-29

Revised Draft:

Minutes 29nd May 2013

Attendees:

US Department of Defense (DoD)  Behrens, Michael  Voting Member
Oracle                          Carlson, Mark     Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited                 Durand, Jacques   Voting Member
Oracle                          Malhotra, Ashok   Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.         Otto, Adrian      Secretary
Oracle Pilz,                    Gilbert           Voting Member
Red Hat Raman,                  Krishna           Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited                 Rutt, Tom         Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.               Yendluri, Prasad  Voting Member

CAMP-67 Opened
CAMP-67 To be added to issue discussion for 2013-06-05 meeting agenda
CAMP-67 To be added to issue discussion for 2013-06-05 meeting agenda
Action Item: Adrian Otto to review whether the Map type is used by resolution to CAMP-30
Action Item: Adrian Otto to draft WD11 this week to apply remaining resolved issues

Intro:

   Jacques Durand assumes scribe duty
   ROLL CALL: Attendees listed above, Voting Members: 9 of 15 (60%), meeting is quorate.

TOPIC: Agenda

Adrian: Requests suggestions for agenda

Adrian: Agenda:
Prior Meeting's Minutes: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201305/msg00065.html
Editors Update
New Issue: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-67
Topic: Use of Map Type
Topic: Timing of CAMP-17 (Redraw Figures) Resolution

Adrian: any objections to approving agenda? Agenda Approved.
scribe: Agenda above approved.

TOPIC: Minutes from May 29th, 2013

Re: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201305/msg00065.html
scribe: MOTION (Mike B.): minutes for May 22
scribe: ... to be approved (2nd Tom R.)
scribe: ... approved UNAN

TOPIC: New Issue CAMP-67: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-67

scribe: Gil presents

scribe: Gil: instantiation of AssemblyTemplate requires that "Requirements" be satisfied. But no indication that reqs have been satisfied, in our Resource model

scribe: Tom: a legitimate issue

scribe: MikeB: Resource status vs template status? Querying the AssemblyTemplate for its "instantiability"?

scribe: MikeB: attribute or method (interms of API)

scribe: Gil: attribute better. GET resource should give all info.

scribe: MikeB: what does the implementer have to do on client side?

scribe: Gil: needs be tracked: ACT mapping to PCT.

scribe: MOTION: Gil to open #67

scribe: Ashok: attributes on each Requirements? or a single attr on the template?

scribe: Gil: we'll discuss solutions later.

scribe: MOTION: (Gil) to open #67 at Level P2 (2nd Ashok)

scribe: ... approved UNAN

TOPIC: CAMP-67 Discussion: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-67

scribe: Gil: propose to start discussing it (#67)

scribe: Gil: a tempalte may link to a shared service (already running) not just a comp template.

scribe: ... an ACT could have its Requirements link to PCT (indirection)

scribe: ... no run-time constraint on these links (indirection not an issue)

scribe: Ashok: add 1 attr to Template, and when all Reqs are satisfied, just set this indicator on.

scribe: Tom: currently , Req is pointed at by ACT but itself does not point anywhere

scribe: ... may need to wait for PDP finalized. Lots of entities have missing links it seems.

scribe: Mark: all idea of Requirements is optional. Can't rely on these. Hard-wiring is an option anyway.

scribe: ... need explicit link ACT to PCT

scribe: Gil: should not need wait for CAMP#4 to resolve this

scribe: ... Deployment Plan and Resource model have been kept independent. Should take advantage of tghis

scribe: Gil: would a Depl Plan be OK without any Req?

scribe: Mark: a separate issue. DP may have no reqs because manual wiring.

scribe: Gil: wiring mode is orthogonal . Auto-wiring still possible without reqs, and conversely.

scribe: jacques: prefers ACT to PCT link rather than indirection ACT-Req-PCT

scribe: Tom: dont we alrady have direct links?

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu) uploaded file: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00004/capabilitiesAndRequirements.doc

scribe: Gil: need to drill down which ACT is not satisfied. If the PCR does not have explicit req, hard to figure which Req is the problem.

scribe: An ACT could have 2 PCRs, so need to figure which one.

scribe: Tom: no links exist other than conceptual between Reqs and Capabilities.

scribe: Gil: AssemblyTempl could hold a replica of all links, as an alternative. A 3rd sol: could PCR refer to link between ACT-PCT? (i.e. my reqirt is satisfied by link XYZ between ACT-PCT)

scribe: ... links are URIs and names

scribe: Krishna: PCR to PCT: is it just the extra level the issue?

scribe: ... some REST API have option of an "include" in same call, allowing for a single call to get several indirect levels (~ a "batched GET")

scribe: Otto: put on agenda for next week

TOPIC: Map Type

scribe: topic: does the resolution to CAMP#30 involve map type?

Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I will take an action item to follow up on the use of the map type

TOPIC: CAMP-65 Discussion: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-65

Gil: pending resol about issue getting rid of CREATED attr (#65)

Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I will produce WD11 this week

TOPIC: CAMP-17 Discussion: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-17

scribe: Tom: updated proposal.

scribe: ... when do we eant to see these updated figs in the spec? (of course just before PR latest)

scribe: Gil: needed before PR

Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I suggest that we proceed to resolve CAMP-17 soon

scribe: Gil: diagrams need to match resolutions of other issues all along

scribe: Adrian: need new diags in for consistency, at all times

scribe: Tom presents latest changes to #17

Adrian Otto (Rackspace): We will add CAMP-17 to agenda for discussion next week

scribe: on the agenda for next week (#17)

scribe: Tom: will make the export format (EMS) for figs available.

Topic: Stagger Roll

(none)

Meeting Adjournment

scribe: Adrian: meeting adjourned.