Subject: Draft Minutes 19th June 2013

Minutes 19th June 2013

Attendees:

Oracle				Mark Carlson	Voting Member
Oracle				Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle				Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic				Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle				Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
JumpSoft				Charles Tupitza	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

    Charlie assumes scribe duties

     Roll call: Attendees listed above: 10 of 14 (71%) meeting is quorate
     Agenda: Anish would like issue 3 proposal added
     Agenda approved with Anish's addition

Minutes:

       12th June 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00036.html
       MOTION:  m: adrian: s: alex approve minutes of 12th June 2013
       Approved w/o

Face to Face:

     Omini hotel in CO booked, make sure you room booking are part of the allocation.
     Chair to draft an agenda for the F2F.

Editing Team Update

     wd12: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00043.html
      ..added Toms new diagrams, removed def of map type included camp 67  added requirement template links
     Normalized to work out easier
     Anish - 45 and 54 have been assigned to editors for conformance, key language,  have action items for editors to bring forward proposals
     Anish role at work has changed Adrian picks up slack.  Propose Gil replace Anish on Editors group ask for OK for this

    MOTION: m: Anish, s: Adrian: For Gil to replace Anish on the editing team.
    no discussion.
    vote passed unam.

    Test Assertions WD05: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00053.html
     Jacques on vacation next two weeks,  may not be able to respond to editing requests but please review.

New Issues:

   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-70  Rename 'Platform Components' to 'Services' or 'Platform Services'

    Gil  presents on behalf of Ashok
     Alex  camp 29 might address same issue.  discussion, says lump them together making 70 redundant.   70 comment on 29 vs new issues
     Gill OK with it
     MOTION: m: Adrian, s: Gil moves to table discussion on CAMP-70
     no objections , tabled

Review of p1 issues:

     camp 3 proposal 4 in progress
     camp 45 and 54 action item for editors to come back with proposal.
      55 have proposal.
     61 Gil: informal talk need to put info, should not be hard to do
     65 have proposals
     Michael,  Some work needs to be done, no obvious objections

Issue Discussion:

     https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-55   Lifecycle Diagram is conflating two levels of states, leading to inconsistencies
    Gil presents is proposal posted to JIRA
     ...   camp does not have a representation of application.  makes it hard to discuss life cycle
     discussion around assembly template and assembly w life cycle example
     discussion around provisioned and unprovisioned
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): -1 to creation being a transition
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): -1 to calling fully resolved "provisioned" (agree with Anish, "provisioned" to me suggests there is an Assembly)
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): you guys are going to kill me with your names
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): last time we talke about this people more or less nodded their heads to "UNPROVISIONED" and "PROVISIONED"
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): what we are talking about here is really a boolean attribute "fullyResolved" or similar
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): @Gil no i made the same displeasure i'm making now
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): more substantively -- this diagram disallows a fully resolved assembly template from being created based on a PDP
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): Alex - I don't see that
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): there is no link from register to provisioned
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): there is nothing that says the platform impl can't automatically trigger the 'resolve' transition
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): s/unprovisioned/incomplete/  ?
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace)1: I'm curious what name would apply to the third AT state Jacques has suggested (meaning there are running assemblies derived from the AT)
    Adrian Otto (Rackspace)1: Does an AT have an array of assemblies started from it?
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace)1: if so, a new state may not be needed
     Anish Karmarkar: i believe it has pointers to the assembly
     Alex: how much do we need to say as spec.  Seems to be confusion of vocabulary and fit
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): every Assembly resource has a link back to the Assembly Template from which it was instantiated
     Anish Karmarkar: @adrian, i just checked and there is a link from assembly to its template, but no link from AT to the running assembly

     Anish Karmarkar: one can go to the Platform resource and get *all* the assemblies
     Jacques (Fujitsu): agree that "provisioned" is misleading as this is about the template - usually, app instances are provisioned.
     Anish Karmarkar: but i think we might want to include links in teh AT resource to its running assemblies
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace)1: @Anish, yes I looked as well and found the same thing
     Anish Karmarkar: regardless of what we do on this issue, that is
     Anish Karmarkar: smells like a new issue to me
     Anish Karmarkar: wrt adding the links
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): keep in mind that you can (1) instantiate an Assembly then (2) modify the Assembly Template
     Gil May be causing more confusing.  Leave what is there there or remove section 3 entirely
     Alex would be happy to remove chapter three.  to many undefined words
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): now showing what is in the spec today
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): if we don't do anything - this is what our PR will have in it
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): we could (a) close this issue with no action (spec has what is currently in Section 3),
         .... (b) move to delete Section 3,
         .... (c) continue to create new proposals ad infinitum
     Gil suggest assign this to someone else.
     MartinC: a close no action would still leave section 3 as is
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace): If the proposal is not worse than what's in the spec now, we might as well accept it, and iterate on it if we want further refinement.
     Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I'm convinced this is a step forward.
     Anish Karmarkar: @adrian +1, accept the proposal as the base line but don't close the issue

     Anish Happy to take action item and be owner.  use Gils proposal as baseline.  if Priority set from critical to major.
     MartinC: assign issue 55 to anish
     Jacques (Fujitsu): initial 55 proposal:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/48331/CAMP-lifecyclediagrams-issue55.pptx
     Gil asks to have accepted.  raise issues against it and process after PR
     Anish Karmarkar: i want to move on: i'll take the action with the issue as P1
     Anish takes over from Gil
     Anish Karmarkar: @alex, i'll be happy to work with you on this, assuming you want to
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): @anish +1

PDP discussion:

     Gil had ad-hoc talk last week. hopes to get syntax ok'd
     Alex likes it
     General nods that the syntax is ok so      Gill to put together a proposal around it

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-9  Support sensors and effectors on components via API

        Alex refreshes memory of the issue and goes over proposal.
       people to read with potential motion next week.

AOB:

     stragglers: no squeaks

Meeting Adjourned