Subject: Draft Minutes 26th June 2013

Minutes 26th June 2013

Attendees:

US Department of Defense (DoD)	Michael Behrens	Voting Member
Oracle				Mark Carlson	Voting Member
Oracle				Martin Chapman	Chair
Oracle				Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle				Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic				Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle				Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Red Hat				Krishna Raman	Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt	Voting 	Member
JumpSoft				Charles Tupitza	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Scribe: Anish Karmarkar
      Rol: Attendees listed above, Voting Members: 11 of 13 (84%), Meeting is quorate.

 Topic: Agenda bashing
      no objections to approving the agenda
      agenda approved

Topic: approval of 19th June 2013 minutes

      MOTION: gil moves ashok seconds to approved minutes of 2013-06-19 located at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00063.html
      no objections
      motion passes

Topic: Adminstrivia

      MarkC has asked for an LOA https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201306/msg00067.html
      Chair notes MarkC's LOA

Topic: project status
      martin: in a holding pattern

Topic: editing team update

      gil: no updates

Topic: new issues

      https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-70  Rename 'Platform Components' to 'Services' or 'Platform Services'
      Gil: we didn't open it as Alex thought that it was a dup of 29. But Ashok wasn't on the call. So we didn't take any action
      Ashok: I'm ok with calling it a dup and adding a comment in 29 regd this
      Martin: we can close 70 with no action and copy the proposal for 70 into 29
      MOTION: Ashok moves Gil seconds to CNA 70 and copy the proposal for 70 onto issue 29
      No discussion
      no objection
      motion passes

Topic: Issue CAMP-3

     https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-3  How do application packages get uploaded into the cloud?

      Anish explains the proposal
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): could explain in text that the optional attribute is required if the assembly template was done via a pdp register
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): we're using "shall" these days - uncapitalized
      Michael Behrens:  FYI: when posting by value, optional info could be provided in the http header if desired (implementation specific).
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): The Content-Length header indicates that Chunked Transfer Encoding is not allowed. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunked_transfer_encoding
      Michael Behrens: I would think content length is needed - how else will the client know how much to allocate for the binary content?
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): Michael - content length and chunked encoding are mutually exclusive
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): suggest adding text that indicates that parameters are not possible when registering by value.
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): "Each chunk starts with the number of octets <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octet_(computing)> of the data it embeds expressed as a hexadecimal
         <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal> number in ASCII <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII> followed by optional parameters (chunk extension) and a terminating CRLF sequence, followed by the chunk data. The chunk is terminated by CRLF."

      Anish updates proposal document and posts to:  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49710&wg_abbrev=camp

      MOTION: m:Gil s: ashok resolve camp-3 with proposal in: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49710&wg_abbrev=camp
      no discussion
      no objections
      motion passes
      CAMP-3 is resolved

 Topic: issue 4

      Gil explains his proposal at  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/49696/camp-spec-v1.1-wd12-issue-4-v5.doc
      created off WD12
      starting from a clean slate
      gil: used 'apples' and 'bananas' so we don't get sidetracked by the names and focus on semantics
      discussion on whether services are syntactic sugar
      Gil: they are syntactic sugar
      Gil: please take a look at the version text in section 4.3.2.1
      Gil: origin field tells you where it came from, eclipse plugin, export etc
      Adrian: is there an expectation that DP is extensible
      Gil: yes
      ... not sure there is language that captures it. But there should be
      gil: using 'ought' where i wanted to say "should" without the 2119 keyword
      discussion on whether URL scheme is "pdp:/" or "pdp://"
     Gil Pilz (Oracle): w/regards to "pdp:/certs.zip!/id_rsa.pub" - are we really the first group to run into this problem?
      anish: may be we should just using a relative path and not "pdp:"
      adrian: should use "#"
      martin: URNs were used a lot in OASIS specs but they were discouraged
      ashok: why did you have pdp which does not have any component but one service?
      ... why one service requirement?
      ... why not one artifact and no service?
      gil: that is allowed
      ... you have to have at least one service only if you have zero artifacts
      gil: if you have an artifact then zero services are allowed
      derek: the href of the artifact can refer to anything
      gil: can refer to anything
      ... have an example of a ftp URL

AOB:

      Topic: straggler roll