Subject: Draft Minutes 17th July 2013

Meeting Minutes 17th July 2013

Attendees:

US Department of Defense (DoD)	Michael Behrens	Voting Member
Oracle					Mark Carlson		Voting Member
Oracle					Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld		Member
Oracle					Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle					Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Vnomic				Derek Palma		Voting Member
Oracle					Gilbert Pilz		Voting Member
Red Hat				Krishna Raman	Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt		Voting       Member
JumpSoft				Charles Tupitza	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Ashok assumes scribe duties.

      Roll call:  Voting Members: 10 of 11 (90%)  -- quorate

      Agenda:  Goes over posted agenda
      No objections to adopting agenda as posted

Minutes:

     July F2F 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201307/msg00055.html

      MOTION: m:Anish, s: Mike moves to approve July 2013 f2f minutes

Action Items:

        ACTION - MartinC to verify who is on the TC comment list
        Done.
      Martin and Adrian are on the list for sure
      Discussion about comment list for this TC
      Preparation for public comments
      Martin:  Sent msg to comment list Thursday midday Pacific ... check your mailbox
      Anish:  You can sign up yourself: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=camp

      Martin:  You can sign up from Public TC page

Administrivia:

     CloudPlugFest: queries from ETSI

         Gil:  Someone from ETSI asked what version of CAMP we were implementing
          Mark:  They want to create test assertions.  We should discourage them as we (Jacques) are doing our own
          ... they have some testing infrastructure ... may be overkill for us

         Martin:  We made good progress on P1 issues .. we have 4 remaining
          ... we should have a candidate public review draft  July 31.  Need to update timeline.

 Topic:  Editor update

      Gil:  I put out WD-17 ... includes all issues resolved at f2f: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/49934/camp-spec-v1.1-wd17.doc
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): @Gil nice work getting everything in to WD-17
     Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): & @Tom

 Topic:  New Issues

       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-73   Make the style of figures consistent

           Ashok:  We need to have all figures in a consistent style
           MOTION: m: Ashok, s: Mike moves to opent issue-73 as P3
          No objections to opening issue-73.  Issue-73 is now open

         Martin:  End of September we will raise the bar for accepting new issues

Topic:  Issues

      https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-55  Lifecycle Diagram is conflating two levels of states, leading to inconsistencies
           People wanted time to read the proposal
           Gil:  I have some issues with the proposal
           Alex goes over the proposal
           Gil:  Looking a Fig 3.2 ... I'm seeing 2 app component capabilities
           ... I don't understand the diagram
           Alex:  We can clarify the text lower down that explains the diagram
           ... perhaps create a new issue
           Tom:  There are 2 components and so 2 capabilities
           ... we can try and create a simpler example
           ... maybe improve the explanation
           Martin:  Is the diagram and text normative?
           Mark:  Argues for clarification
           Alex:  We could discuss the complexity in the example we are planning to add to the appendix
           Anish:  Simple examples in main text and complexity in the examples
           Tom:  I will simplify the figure
          Gil:  Do we need normative statement in lastsentence of 3.2
         Anish Karmarkar: good point martin
         Gil:  Same problem in next para.
         Martin:  We do need WILL here
         Gil:  Second para below the diagram ... need to discuss rep. skew again here
          ... first sentence needs some work
         Alex:  We can delete sentence
          Gil:  First sentence of 3.4 seems to use MAY as normative
         Anish Karmarkar: RFC 2119 to english mapping: must -> will, should -> ought, may -> can
          Alex edits first para of 3.4 in real time.
          Tom:  I can fix figures by the end of the day
         Anish Karmarkar: In Editors We Trust
        Gil Pilz (Oracle): it's OK to not trust the editors - we don't take it personally
          Martin:  The instructions to the editors are clear

          Motion: m: Tom, s: Gil  Moves to accept edited proposal with action to Tom to fix figures
          MartinC: edited proposal will be v5 - figures to change will remove extra platform and application components
           Editors to do the right thing
           No objections.  ISSUE-55 is resolved

      http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-45    Normative Statement Overhaul
          Gil:  Displays and explains table
          Anish Karmarkar: i don't think we need to spend too much time discussing styles here (we can fix that later). The important bits here are : (1) tagging, (2) appendix, (3) linking
          Anish Karmarkar: and if the TC agrees w/ that
         Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): we are camp.  pink is our colour.
        Jacques:  Sometimes need more info to explain context of statement
        Tom:  We could pull in more text from the body
        Anish:  Used in other specs.  Folks find it useful.
         ... we can tweak the style
         ... can the table be generated automatically?
          Can we get anchors for each assertion in the main spec?
          Tom:  It cannot be done in Word
          Tom:  This is a conservative first cut
           Gil:  We have several statements that say REQUIRED.  What do we do about that.
           Tom:  We could add a top-level statement re. REQUIRED
           Tom:  We have such a statement in 5.2.1
          Jacques:  We will need some meta level statements ... must comply with all statements of the form ...
          Anish Karmarkar: do we need a directional motion?
         Martin:  How are we going to process the whole document?
          ... if we divide up we will need some coordination
          ... this is a major thing, we need a plan
           Anish:  We want to go to public review July 31 ... this is a lot of work ... perhaps divide and conquer
           ... diff will be a problem
           Tom:  It's brainless work
         Anish Karmarkar: i'm happy to volunteer to take a section and go thru it
           Martin:  It's not just tagging ... need to look at the statements etc.
           Tom:  It's very hard to change the numbering
          Gil:  The numbers do not have to be consecutive
          Gil:  ISSUE-61 is a P1 which is still open
          Gil:  Argues we should do 61 first
          Anish Karmarkar: i tend to think that 61 is going to be easier than we think. Pretty much everything is going to support GET and very few are going to support POST. And most of them POST/PUT
        Gil Pilz (Oracle): every resource has a "description" attribute
         Gil Pilz (Oracle): description is consumer mutable
         Jacques (Fujitsu): +1 to 1 more week
         Gil Pilz (Oracle): therefore every resource must support GET, PUT, and POST
        Jacques (Fujitsu): Going thru the tagging will raise many small issues to take care of
        Anish Karmarkar: @gil, not POST. I guess you mean PATCH
        Gil Pilz (Oracle): right
        Gil Pilz (Oracle): GET, PUT, and PATCh
        Anish Karmarkar: right
        Anish Karmarkar: so no 405 on GET/PUT/PATCH but the server may reject it for other reasons
       Gil: Parcelling out sections to people may not save much time
         ... I think I am going to just do all of this
      MartinC: we could serialize the sections to diff people
       MartinC: thus keeping the change log and not giving gil all the hard work
      Anish:  Argues we can handle 61 in parallel
      Tom:  If Gil can do all of it may be better ... It's dog work
     Gil the dog accepts to go through the spec and overhaul all use of RFC2119, remembering to use the conformnace targets we agree as part of issue-56

AOB:

  Stragglers: none

Meeting ADJOURNED