Subject: Draft Minutes 14th August 2013

Meeting Minutes 14th August 2013

Attendees

Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Roshan Agrawal		Member
Software AG, Inc.		Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy	Member
Oracle			Mark Carlson		Voting Member
Oracle			Martin Chapman		Chair
Fujitsu Limited		Jacques Durand		Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle			Anish Karmarkar		Voting Member
Oracle			Ashok Malhotra		Voting Member
Axway Software		Dale Moberg		Observer
Vnomic			Derek Palma		Voting Member
Oracle			Gilbert Pilz		Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited		Tom Rutt	Voting		 Member
Software AG, Inc.		Prasad Yendluri		Voting Member

Intro:

      Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

      Topic: Roll
          TomR back from LoA
          Meeting quorate: 10 of 14 (71%); quorate

Topic: Agenda bashing

      Martin: posted agenda with one new issue from Jacques and proposal for CAMP 71
      Jacques: how about issue 31. Can we get that
on the agenda?
      Martin: issue 31 added to the agenda
      No objections to approving the agenda as modified

Topic: minutes of 2013-08-07:

    7th August 2013:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201308/msg00021.html

      Motion: m:Anish s:Ashok To approved minutes of 2013-08-07 at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201308/msg00021.html
      Motion approved w/o

 Topic: Administrivia

      Martin: any updates on plugfest
      Alex: it is looking unlikely that I'll attend, but will know in 2 weeks time
     Mark Carlson: Folks that are attending need to register here:  http://www.cloudplugfest.org/

      Martin: we have 2 P1, 15 P2s

      Jacques: next f2f, Fujitsu labs europe located  next to LHR can host. Will have room for at least 10 ppl.
      ... Internet connection and VPN should not be a problem.
      ... have room from 14-16
      ... It is not in London, outside close to LHR
      Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): I'm likely to be there.
      Jacques (Fujitsu): I will attend

      Anish: how many can attend. Adrian had said he would
      Mark Carlson: I am planning to attend subject to travel approval

      Duncan, Alex, Martin, Anish, Gil, Jacque,  Adrian, Mark will likely attend
      TomR also plans on attending
      martin: r we happy to accept that location/dates?

      Motion: m:Mark s:jacques accept Fujitsu's offer (location/dates) for our next f2f
      motion approved w/o

      Martin will add to calendar.
      Dialin facilities will be available

Topic: Editing team/PR update

      Martin: PR progress -- it is assigned. Hoping it will be done in next day or two.
      ... TCAdmin SLA is 2 weeks from filing  the ticket

      No update from the Editors.

      Gil: besides issue 60, nothing else to do.

 Topic: New issues

      Topic: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-80   Section 6.11
      "Registering an Application" is unclear about what Content-Type header
       must be for various scenarios

      Gil explains the issue
      4 ways to register. The only way to figure out  what is expected is the content-type header

      gil: what is the content type when you directly post a DP
      ... need to say the content-type for YAML
      Alex Heneveld (Cloudsoft): +1 issue

      motion: m:gil s:second moves to open issue 80
      Ashok: what happens if you provide the wrong  media-type? Is that an error. Are we strict or lenient?
      gil: leery about being strict
      ... especially about mandatory error codes/status
      gil: priority P2
      alex: p1
      tom: p1
      martin: let's make it p1
      motion approved w/o

      Topic: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-81
            ApplicationComponentTemplate resource lists 'assemblyTemplate' attribue as Consumer mutable
      gil: simple ed error
      ... these backlinks are not consumer-mutable. They are not.

      motion: m:gil s:ashok open 81 as p3
      ashok: is a bug we ought to agree to fix it
      motion approved w/o

      ashok: dependency on 83

      Topic: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-82
            Can application templates be shared among applications?

      ashok: few of us are reading the spec in different ways. Is App. comp template/App component scoped to its
         .... application. Can other apps use components/template from another app.
      Tom: currently platform requires are scoped
       ...globally, but other requires are scoped to individual parent. This is a good question.
      ... what would be a problem with copying as opposed to just registering a PDP
      Ashok: i'm with you on this Tom. If you share, you have to worry about authorization. It gets complicated.
      ...Simpler to say scope it to the app. If you want, you can copy it.
      ... but possibly other POVs on this
      gil: should be p1
      Alex: this is more than we can finish within the schedule. Perhaps want
      ...to stay silent for now.
      Martin: suggest p2
      Anish: if we decide that this isn't something that is doable in the
      ... timeframe, we can always resolve the issue that way.

      Motion: m:ashok s:Mark open issue 82 as p2
      motion approved w/o

      Topic: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-83
         Labeling of Normative Statements is incomplete

      Jacques: plenty of normative content that is not labeled or clearly worded
      ... issues with pseudo-schema
      ... need a few blanket normative stmts regarding responses
      ... issues with HTTP code
      ... few examples in the issues list
      ... think it is editorial not changing the substance
      Tom: should be an issue. This is a partial list. We should get the whole list.
      Jacques: yes need a full list. Not a big spec. May be by next meeting.
      ... Gut estimate is end of this month to close on this.
      Anish: multiple issues here and not all of them are not editorial.
      Editorial team should sort through them and bring back a proposal.
      Jacques: would like to keep an omnibus issue
     Gil: uncomfortable leaving this in the hands of the editors. At some
     .... point would like to put forward a red-line draft and get the TC's OK on it.
     Martin: if we make this normative issue overhaul version 2, then the
      ... editors can come back with a red-line doc and we can handle it that way.
      ....That's the best way to handle it.

      Motion: m:Jacques s:Gil open issue 83 as P1
      Motion approved w/o

Topic: Issue 81

    Gil discusses proposal in JIRA
      Ashok: if this is shared then it may be mutable
      Gil: hard to say
      Anish: this is important that we indicate clearly the lifecycle scope to
      ... the admin. The platform would want to keep control of these links. If
      ... these are going to change they should be separate consumer operations.
      Tom: +1 to Anish
      Jacques: In general I like flexibility. I can imagine two assembly
      ... template -- test and production. And I might want to share between them.
      Tom: I think Jacques is talking about issue 82
      Gil: Do we need these backlinks?
      Jacques: sceptical of having consumer-mutable and mutable. Perhaps this
      ... needs to be on a per template basis.
      Tom: We have inconsistency about back-pointers. Do we really need them?
      ... Easiest way to resolve this is to get rid of back pointers and then we
      ... can figure out which ones to put them back in.
      Ashok: i have a usecase for this. I want notification for failures. OR
      ... if you have an update for it, you ought to be able to go up and notify
      ... the containers. Backpointers are useful for managing things.
       Anish: that is the right question to ask. For runtime things I do see a
      ... reason to have a back pointer from an AC to assembly. Not sure that is
      ... needed for templates.
      Gil: we are not consistent wrt backpointers.
      Jacques: CMWG decided not the have backpointers. Specifically from instance to templates.
      Tom: we are debating Anish's new issue. We can resolve this issue.

      Motion: m:Gil m:Tom resolve issue 81 to have mutable='true', and consumer-mutlable='false'.
      No discussion
      Motion approved w/o

Topic: AOB

      Stragglers: Dale and Bhaskar