Subject: ISSUE-82 -- A question for the TC

We had an internal discussion about Issue-82 and it turned out that
there are two ways of reading our CAMP spec wrt shared application components.
I'm curious which way other members of the TC are interpreting the words.

MODEL A -- One PDP, one application, no shared components

You package an application into a PDP.  The application has three
components A,B and C.  You upload the PDP, register it and deploy it.
During deployment you find that A,B,C depend on each other and
platform components X,Y,Z.   When you run the application
A,B,C, and X,Y,Z work together.  There is no dependency on any other
components.

MODEL B -- Shared application components

You upload two PDPs.  PDP 1 has application components A,B and C.
PDP 2 has application components D,E, and F.  When you deploy PDP1
you find that A,B,C has dependencies on D and F and platform components
X, Y and Z.  When you run the application A,B,C,D and F run together
with X,Y and Z.

Let's assume PDP 1 and PDP 2 have the same owner.  If they have different
owners we need to worry about access privileges.

Please reply and tell us which which model you think CAMP supports.

--
All the best, Ashok