Subject: Re: [camp-comment] Difference between AppComp and PlatCom?

Hi Adam,

[Pl. note that I'm responding as a participant in the Technical Committee, and not an official spokesperson for the TC]

Thanks for your feedback.

This is an active area of discussion. There is an issue filed for this and is being discussed in the TC. See https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-29

Regards.

-Anish
--

On 10/4/13 3:36 AM, Adam Barker wrote:
Hi All,

I'm following the OASIS CAMP specification with interest. The
specification looks like it is addressing a highly topical problem.

I have an initial comment on the specification:

 From a first read I find some of the components a little confusing.
After reading through section 2 and sections 5.9, 5.10 and 5.13 it's
difficult to see what the key differences are between the
ApplicationComponentTemplate Resource and the PlatformComponentTemplate
Resource. It seems that a lot of the representation could be reused. Is
it necessary to have both?

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

---
Adam Barker, Ph.D.
Lecturer in Computer Science, University of St Andrews, UK
http://www.adambarker.org http://www.big-data.co.uk
---