Subject: Draft Minutes 30th October 2013

Minutes 30th October 2013

Attendees

US Department of Defense (DoD)	Michael Behrens	Member
Software AG, Inc.			Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy	Member
Oracle				Mark Carlson	Voting Member
Oracle				Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle				Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle				Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic				Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle				Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Red Hat				Krishna Raman	Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt	Voting 	Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Krishna assumes scribe duties
      Roll: Attedndees listed above, Voting Members: 11 of 11 (100%), meeting is quorate.
      We are quorate (90%)
      Discussing agenda. No objections to agenda as posted.       Agenda: no addition, adopted as posted.

Minutes:

   23rd October 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201310/msg00254.html
      Discussing minutes. Adrian moves to approve the minutes of the 23rd. Jacques seconds.
      No discussions. Motion passes.

Admin:

      We have 3 P1 issues, 25 P2 issues, 8 P3 issues

Editors update:
      Anish: Editors put out 2 WD:26, 27. All issues that were resolved at F2F except for 3 have been applied.
       Anish Karmarkar: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201310/msg00257.html
      Issues 85, 87, 135 not applied.
      Note: Issues are not yet in resolved state. Editing team only sets them to applied.
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): I haven't been changing the state to "applied" - my bad
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): will do so in the future

      Anish: did not make updates to text. If there are changes  in diagram that are being applied to text then that will need to be in WD 28. There is an open issue to update section 3.
      Anish: have some issues with Appendix C which will be taken up offline.
      Anish: we should be able to consider latest draft (WD 27)stable. Remaining 3 un-applies issues are relatively minor.
      Jaques: My understanding is that WD is where every update is taking place. CD is just a label on the WD.
      Gil: CD04 is a directory which contains all the WD that led from CD03 to CD04. CD04 is a symbolic link to last WD.

Issue discussion:

      Discussing https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-85

     Gil Pilz (Oracle): http://www.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-ref.txt
      Should not take hyperlink away and leave it added at the end.
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): OASIS ok'd the bsrp references to rfcs as [RFC3987]M. Duerst et al., Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs), IETF RFC 3987, January 2005,.  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt
      Agreed to use verbatim the rfc-ref.txt citation.

      Discussing https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-87

      Issue does not specify what language to add

      Gil: There are terms used that are not previously defined.
      ... Should look at this issue as narrowly as possible.
      Adrian: Should create multiple issues out of this with narrow scope. Can we create the multiple issues as an administrative action?
      Anish: During F2F, had decided to add language to say that Spec doesn't specify functional interfaces and that is what this issue is referring to
      Anish suggests giving editors power to decide on language
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): +1
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): we can solicit comments on the issue
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): and drive a consensus on proposed text
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): and allow the editors to apply it in the absence of objections
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): (ODCA are not the first to be confused by the term "functional interfaces")
      Mark: Possibly request commenters to add actionable material if spec change is required
      Martin: perhaps create a new issue derived from 87 and make it a p3
      M. Behrens: +1
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): yes, opening a separate issue for remark #2 in CAMP-87 makes sense
      Anish Karmarkar: 1.4 Non-Goals
        The specification of functional interfaces specific to services provided by individual         components is out of scope for this document. This is because such interfaces may be

quite         diverse and differ significantly from platform to platform.
      M. Behrens: replace "such" with "functional"

      Adrian motions to create a new issue and open it derived  from CAMP-87 to work on point (2)
      Gil seconds
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): "Components and services are generally thought of as having two general         classes of interfaces. The functional interface which ?."
      Anish Karmarkar: @mike sure
      No discussion, no objections.

      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): thanks Martin for agreeing to open the issue pursuant to this motion (P3)
      Motion was to make that a p3 issue
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): we need to establish the notion that we are distinguishing management interfaces from functional interfaces
      Motion passes

      Discussing https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-144

      If we look at the way we have set up type definition resource. There is no way to co-relate a type with description
      Gil: the type definition resource describes a type of resource. Add a further constraint on the type definition's name
      ... to make it match the type that it is describing.
      Gil: it would go in the description of the type definition resource.
      Gil will make another iteration on this.

      Discussing  https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-135

      Gil Pilz (Oracle): The value of the "name" attribute SHALL match the value of the "type"       attribute of the resources described by this TypeDefinition.
      Anish: What we agreed on was that other than URL be  upper case, we would take Patricks suggestion. There are 2 problems with this. (1) If you
       ... look at original text. The statement is accurate but confusing. Patricks suggestions does not
       ... clarify the confusion. (2) If we applied consistently, we would need to change one like in description of every attribute.
      Ashok: recommend typing the sentence as you think itshould read. Don't take Patricks recommendation literally.
      Anish Karmarkar: This attribute contains URI of the Operations resource. The Operations       ... resource lists the Operation resources links available for the Sensor resource.
      Anish Karmarkar: This attribute contains the URI of the Operations resource. The Operations       ... resource lists the Operation resources links available for the Sensor resource.
      TC agreed with Anish's change as editor's discretion.

      Discussing https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-83

      Jacques starting with https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/51207/NormativeChallenges-4.docx
      Jacques: recap of what should be done on core spec to some places where we are missing normative tags.
      Jacques: Nothing much new, just made it more current based on WD 27

      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/51208/camp-spec-v1.1-wd27-normativeChallenges.doc
      Jacques: Perhaps editors should make a pass over the doc and get back
      Martin: Perhaps editors should make a pass and come back with an update.
      Jacques (Fujitsu): " Consumers SHALL NOT assume that the order of the
      ArtifactSpecifications within this array implies a particular processing order by the Provider".
           And  this is not really testable in a significant way (maybe only partially)."

      Martin: consider CAMP-115. It will delete 3 of the issues raised in doc above.

      Looking at https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-115

      Jacques: agrees with not rephrasing
      MartinC: Proposal: delete the normative statements pdp-20, 21, 23, 24 and replace with this note:
        Note:  For portability reasons, Providers are cautioned not to regard the order of the element as this array as significant.
      Jacques moves to resolve CAMP-115 with proposal in JIRA. Gil seconds
      No discussion. No objections. JIRA-115 resolved

AOB:

      Stragglers: Add Alex

Meeting Adjourned.