Subject: Draft Minutes 4th December 2013

Minutes 4th December 2013

Attendees

Software AG, Inc.			Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy	Voting Member
Oracle				Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle				Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle				Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic				Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle				Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Red Hat				Krishna Raman	Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt		Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Adrian assumes scribe duties.
       Roll call:        11/11 voting members present 100% in attendance, quorate
       Agenda:        link needed for editor's draft work product for CAMP-151 resolution work, approved as posted

Minutes:

       27th November 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201311/msg00159.html
       Motion: Adrian Otto moves to Approve minutes, second by Anish Karmarkar
       Minutes approved, no objections.

Administrivia:

    Chair wants  a default motion on 18th December to close no action any open issues without a proposal (directional or concrete) so get writing!

Editing Team Update:

       work in progress:     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/51594/camp-spec-v1.1-wd32-ed2.doc
       updated figures from Tom https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/download.php/51593/CampResourceModelFiles-WD32-NoCamel.zip
       editing team has struggled with MSWord formatting bugs
       links above are editor's drafts
       thank you for your help with the figures, Tom
       Tom indicated that all figures in the spec needed to be updated
       no change to TA document
       Jacques expects TA document completion prior to winter break in 2 weeks

New Issues:

      none

Issue discussion:

       CAMP-87: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-87

       discussion by Martin suggesting a CNA
       decided not to have a security section
       Gil Pilz (Oracle): YEAH! No meaningless "security considerations" section!
       CAMP-149 obviates the functional interface concern
       Motion: Tom to close CAMP-87 CNA, s: Gil
       No objections, motion passed UNAN
       We plan to apply resolution, reject, then CNA. Martin will process it accordingly.

       P1:
       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-150  mechanism for creating an Assembly (or Plan) by value (i.e. POSTing the contents of a PDP or Plan file) is difficult to use

       Gil presents this issue
       Current upload mechanism is problematic because it is not easy to use by today's web browsers.
       open question remains about whether each part in the multi-part upload should be named in a specific way.
       should PDP's and Plan's have the same name, or a different name?
       Adrian: suggests we use two names: "pdp" and "plan"
       Gil now has enough direction to form a concrete proposal.

       P2:
       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-152  Normative Tags Challenges, and other issues arising from aligning TAs to WD30+
              Proposal in JIRA
       Jacques presents this issue.
       most of the changes are editorial in nature
       more of these will be raised because of alignment of normative statements and test assertions.
       section 3.3 "Plan Schema" issue: "no such section"
       Plan Schema is actually section 4.3 now
       RMR-07 tag identifies this
       remove RMR-07 is redundant with section 4.3, and should be dropped.
       reference section needs to be adjusted for this
       RMR-07 are actually covered by RMR-08, RMR-09, and RMR-10

      General wording agreement to fix #1:
      "Given that the schema of the Plan resource returned from a CAMP Provider  conform to the schema for Plans described in Section 4.3, Plan Schema, the following are additional requirements:"

       #2 Bad reference, editorial fix
       #3 regarding section 4.3.5 wrt normative tagging
       4.3.5 ContentSpecification pseudo-schema indicates "href: URI OR data: string"
       the choices in the pseudo-schema today pertain only to the value space
       Jacques suggests adding a new normative statement to clarify this. Gil opposed the proposal.
       (by a comment in CAMP-152)
       Martin speaks in support of adding a normative statement to clarify the mutual exclusion
       Gil speaks in opposition because it would be an inconsistent level of detail compared to the rest of the spec
       Tom speaks in support of the proposal.
       general agreement to the following for #3: "A ContentSpecification type SHALL have one of two, mutually exclusive, values : href or data [PDP-25]. It has the following, general representation: ..."
       Adrian: suggests we accept the new normative statement
       Gil indicates he will no longer oppose
       #4 "A PDP MAY contain a certificate, named camp.cert, at the root of the archive. [PDP-08] This file contains a signed SHA256 digest for the manifest file and the corresponding X509 certificate
      Missing norm tag?"
       Martin, why should this be a SHALL and not a MAY?
       Jacques: If you have a CERT, then it must be SHA256
       Gil: would this change our intended conformance with OVF?
       this may be redundant with PDP-10
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): we say "do this the way OVF does this"
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): if OVF already has normative statements about the manifest and cert files - do we need to restate them
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): ?
       PDP-10: The format of the manifest file and the certificate file...
       Martin suggests we tweak the scope of PDP-10 and  drop "This file contains a signed SHA256 digest for the manifest file and the corresponding X.509 certificate"
       Jacques says that should be two TA's
       Jacques will update to the proposal.

       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-102   4.1.2 Validating Integrity

       Discussing Gil's comment
       using different hash algorithms for transports and file signing is a normal practice.
       Gil: SHA256 for manifest files and SHA for transport is acceptable
       Gil: Using SHA-3 is not yet recommended
       Anish speaks in support of Gil's position on the issue
       Anish: these are two separate concerns completely
       Martin asks about the "to be that a manifest file contains only SHA256..."
       Adrian: is our intent to narrow the scope of what OVF allows?
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): An OVF package may have a manifest file containing the SHA digests of individual files in the package.
                                  OVF packages authored according to this version of the specification shall use SHA256 digests; older
                                  OVF packages are allowed to use SHA1.
       anish: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/02/sha1_broken.html
       Motion: Gil moves to close 102, s: Adrian
       No Objection. Motion passed UNAN, CAMP-102 is closed with no action.

       P3:
       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-44  Clarify resource type issues and API
              Directional Proposal
       Anish indicates he can proceed with drafting a concrete proposal

       Adrian discusses of the use of Link types in collections of resources
       Anish: use of ATOM for pagination may be appropriate
       Gil: Likes the current approach.
       Krishna: one level of depth is standard, a parameter can specify additional depth levels
      MartinC: this is camp-42 which we closed: close CAMP-42 with no action. there are many attempts at different levels (e.g. http) and to do correctly is too big a job for 1.1. Note that we have re-factored to minimize where the large arrays are are.
      Adrian to thin about a new issue of re-opening camp-42

AOB:

   Stragglers: None

Meeting Adjourned.