Subject: Draft Minutes 11th December 2013

Minutes 11th December 2013

Attendees:

Oracle 			Martin Chapman 	Chair
Fujitsu Limited 		Jacques Durand 	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited 	Alex Heneveld 	Voting Member
Oracle 			Anish Karmarkar 	Voting Member
Oracle 			Ashok Malhotra 	Voting Member
NetApp 			Alex McDonald 	Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 	Adrian Otto 	Secretary
Oracle 			Gilbert Pilz 	Voting Member
Red Hat 			Krishna Raman 	Voting Member

Meeting Statistics
Quorum rule 	51% of voting members
Achieved quorum 	yes
Individual Attendance 	Contributing Members: 8 of 36 (22%)
Voting Members: 8 of 12 (58%) (used for quorum calculation)
Company Attendance 	Contributing Companies: 5 of 16 (31%)
Voting Companies: 4 of 7 (57%)

Intro:
     Scribe: Anish Karmarkar
     Chair: Martin Chapman
     Topic: Roll, Voting Members: 8 of 12 (58%)  Quorate
     Topic: Agenda bashing
               two new issues created after the agenda was posted; and proposals for few issues
               Gil: will like to discuss schedule
               Martin: standing item under administrivia
               No objections to approving the agenda; agenda approved

Topic: minutes of 2013-12-04

        4th December 2013: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201312/msg00011.html
        Motion: m:Gil s:Adrian Accept the minutes of 2013-12-04 as posted at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201312/msg00011.html
      no objections
      minutes approved

Topic: administrivia

      5 open issues
      4 potential new issues
      Gil: our timeline needs updating; were supposed to go PR a week ago
      Martin: schedule needs updating
      ... next week we should look at issues that don't have a proposal and think about closing things down
      ... don't see us doing much over the holiday period
      ... next PR probably in mid jan
      CS ballot in feb
     Adrian: are calls on 25th dec and 1st jan cancelled; have we adjusted our schedule/cal for that
      Martin: yes they are cancelled

      anish: slippage not a bad thing since we have gotten feedback from Solum and this makes the spec more adoptable
      ACTION: gil to update the timeline
     martin: plan for a PR motion on 15th jan
      Jacques: how many meetings before that?
      martin: 3 meetings
      jacques: I'll plan accordingly for the TA doc; the TA doc should be ready then; we should plan for TA PR too
      martin: the TC admin would need some time to do their magic; around week of 27th jan
     ... so end of PR on feb 15
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): thanks, makes sense now
      martin: potentially have a CS motion on 26th feb
      ... this would be a TC admin e-ballot lasting a week

Topic: Editing team update

      Adrian: generated WD33; 8 small edits, all of them are ed. omissions from CAMP-150 that were in WD32; did make a mistake as I did not accept the changes -- so WD33
      diffs are from WD31; ignore WD32
      Gil: did you put wd33 in CD4 branch?
      Adrian: no
       Gil: will fix it

      Jacques: made progress on TA; more extensive clean up; this is a moving target; deleted 33 TAs; 28 new TAs; 36 TA edits
      ... still have remaining normative tags are covered (about 15/20)
      ... have a feeling that this won't require new TAs
      ... have to catch up with WD33
      ... confident that we'll have a sync-ed up TA doc if I can get 2 afternoons free; probably by next wed

Topic: new issues

    from the comments list have extracted two issue: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201312/msg00018.html

   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-153   Two approaches to identify services in a DP?

      Gil: we have two ways for specifying services
      ... the issue question why we have two ways; the author prefer service specification as a top level construct
      Motion: m:Adrian s:Gil moves to open issue 153 as a P3 issue
      Adrian: I have started writing an example using our DP format. I found that using the style of service as a top-level element makes a lot of sense. So I support this issue
      no objection
      motion approved w/o

      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/solum-demystified  line 167
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): that's an example of how fulfillment is used to anchor the two together
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): "satisfied"
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): "satisfied_by" ?
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): yes
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): satisfied_by works fine.... that should be in a concrete proposal for this issue

      Topic: issue 154    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-154  python atrifact

        Gil: not really an issue; maybe material for primer
      ... it is up to the platform to decide this
      MartinC: im hearing a close no action, and add to the list of primer issues
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): 154 can be resolved with a response to the question to the comment submitter
      MartinC: we only resolve issues that require spec edits
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): it can be closed
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): what is the position of the present TC members with respect to working on a primer as a work product for CAMP?
      anish: we should just create a component called Primer
      martin: no motion for a primer; this would require adding a new deliverable
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I move to close camp154 with no action

     motion: m:adrian s:anish close camp 154 w/ no action
      motion approved w/o
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): I will respond to the comment submitter with guidance
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): and will take an action item accordingly
      ACTION: martin to annotate 154 JIRA with a comment that this is primer material

      Topic: issue 155 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-155   attribute_definition resource is modeled incorrectly

       Gil: the problem is that we have a resource that has an attribute that has an attribute definition. Such an attr def will contain the constrains (mutable etc). The problem is        that

these constrains are not part of the attr definition, but a contract with the containing resource
       ... all we really need is name, syntax and semantics
       Another resource that uses the same attribute may have different constraints. This requires creating two different attr definitions.
       ... this is awkward and cludgy. Now that you have type inheritance. This makes it worse as now there would be two different attributes of same name with different        definition,
      ... with the only difference being optionally
       AlexM: i would like to consider rolling this under CAMP-44
       ... both of them are describing the same problem
       Gil: that are related but different. Haven't seen any proposal for 44 say that the attribute definitions has to be the same URI
       AlexM: this is an issue of "sameness"
      Adrian: TC voted to open 44 under a narrow scope than what is in 155
      AlexM: fine w/ me as long as this is acked

      Motion: m:Gil s:Anish Open 155 as a P2
      no discussion
      motion approved w/o
      Agreement to link this to CAMP-44

      Topic: issue 156  https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-156  does every component resource need to link back to an assembly resource?

         Gil: trying to catch up to the great refactoring that happened in London
          ... We have an attribute on a component that points back to the assembly resource that is at the root of the tree
          ... this would be true if every application component pointed to an assembly
          ... imagine a deep bushy tree of components
         ... could go either way, asking the Q
       Anish: this is about lifecycle
       ... the backpointer tells you which assembly's lifecycle this is coupled too
       Jacques: we need to decide the usecase we are targetting
       ... alternative is to use forward link
      ... back pointer excludes the possibility to use it by more than one assembly
      Gil: the issue is multiple assemblies using a component
       Martin: if we allow sharing, if you have a back pointer then it blesses one assembly as the master
       ... this is a question of do we need the backpointer
      ... if you do ref counting then that solves the problem. Don't see the usecase for the backpointer
      Anish: this is really about lifecycle; i would like to figure out which assembly i have to kill to get rid of a misbehaving component
      Gil: now think AlexH's view of how to model a shared component is probably right
      MartinC: anish this assumes ownership - if a component is subsequently shared why is one assembly blessed
      ... using a separate component for usage of a service for every assembly is not a bad way to solve this
       Martin: if we allow shared components, then I don't see why the original assembly that created the component should make the shared component go away
       Gil Pilz (Oracle): you need to differentiate between the notion of sharing an underlying service and a 'component' resource appearing in the trees of two assemblies
       anish: fine w/ opening the issue. would need discussion to resolve this
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): CAMP absolutely needs to support the notion of two applications sharing a common service
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): but CAMP doesn't necessarily need to support that concept using a single, shared 'component' resource

      Motion: m:jacques s:Ashok open the issue 156 as P2
      no discussion
      Adrian: i would like to suggest that this be opened as P3; no need to block PR for this
      Jacques: fine with that; willing to amend
      Motion changed to opening the issue as P3
      motion approved w/o

     Topic: issue 157 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-157  Normative Tags Challenges, and other issues arising from aligning TAs to WD33+

      Jacques: most/all of the subissues are editorial; part of the TA clean up
      ... 5 subissues
      ... 1st one: left over verbage; editorial
      ... 2nd one: needs clean up in normative tag table; some rows that are not present in main spec
      3rd one: need to align 'type' values; there is 'plan' and 'extension'; this is a question do we need to align this?
      Gil: it is not describing the plan resource, it is describing the extension resource
      ... it is a direction reference to 7.2
      ... there is a description of resource called extension
      ... 5.14.1 -- may be we need some text there
      ... but nothing wrong
      ... could be made clearer
      Jacques: in that case this is editorial
      Jacques: subissue 4/5 are stale cross-refs

      Motion: m:anish s:jacques open 157 as P3
      no discussion; no objection
      motion approved w/o

      motion: m:anish s:jacques resolve issue 157 by directing the editors to fix this (we trust them)
      not discussion
      motion approved w/o

Topic: issue 150 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-150  mechanism for creating an Assembly (or Plan) by value (i.e. POSTing the contents of a PDP or Plan file) is difficult to use

      Gil explains his proposal
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): do we need a reference to what a Multi-part MIME message is?
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): Content-Disposition is an RFC2616 facility for doing exactly this
      Gil Pilz (Oracle): RFC6266
      http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc6266
      AlexM: should look at rfc 6266
      MartinC: 6266 references 2616
      Alex McDonald (NetApp): "multipart/form-data" isn't covered by RFC6266. Begging your pardon.
      rfc1806 is the content-disposition header rfc
      Scribe-Anish should have looked at this before the call; ducks
      gil: sounds like we need to give ppl another week.
      Please read for next week!

Topic: issue 44 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-44  Clarify resource type issues and API

      Anish gives v brief overview. Please read for next week!

Topic: AOB

      straggler roll: Alex H is straggling today.

Meeting adjourned