OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

camp message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Draft Minutes 15th January 2014

Minutes 15th January 2014


Software AG, Inc.		Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy	Member
Oracle			Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited		Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic			Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle			Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Red Hat			Krishna Raman	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited		Tom Rutt		Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.		Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member


    Scribe: Tom assumes scribe duties.
    Roll:  Voting Members: 8 of 12 (66%) , meeting is quorate
     Topic: Agenda
           No objections, Agenda approved as posted

Topic: Minutes
      8th January 2014: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201401/msg00021.html 

      MOTION: Gil moves, Tom Seconds to accept minutes of 8 jan 2014
      No objections, minutes approved

Topic: Administrivia

      Martin will not be able to chair the meeting Next Week
      Motion: Tom, seconded by Gil, to appoint Adrian as Pro-tem chair for meeting 1/22/2014
      no objections Adrian to be Pro-tem chair on 1/22/2014

      Topic: Timeline
      Gill has standing action item to update
      Martin expressed hope to have next CD by end of January

Topic: Editing Team updates

      Gill uploaded WD 35, with resolutions to 44, 150: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201401/msg00024.html 
      Jacques uploaded TA WD 15, First complete draft of TAs aligned with refactored specification: WD15: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201401/msg00028.html 
      Bit of polishing required before publication, but this WD is close to complete
      Only conformance targets are provider and consumer.
      May want to have a separate set of TAs for PDP and Plans
      As conformance targets to the artifacts themselves
Topic: New Issues

      https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-158    Normative Tag Challenges: on wd33

      MOTION: Tom moves, seconded by Jacques to open Camp-158
      no objection, issue 158 opened

      No action for 1, 2, and 4.
      item 3 requires minor editorial fix to have proper reference to plan schema section
      Agreed to wait for concrete proposal to resolve
      including a possible clarification of "Plan" as artifact vs "plan resource" in normative statements.

Topic: Issues Discussion

      Issue 155:       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-155 

        Tom pointed out that that AttributeLink[] and ParameterLink[] are attribute types which are not common, and that is why they are defined in-line in the resource that they are used in.  Tom will update the UML diagrams to use this new Attribute Type, but will not update the common data type diagrams in the UML.
        MOTION: Gil moves, Seconds to resolve CAMP 155 with the proposal in JIRA(V2)  with the change of "MAY" to Shall in 5.19.3 sentence regarding attribute link when constraints are strengthened.
        No opposition, camp 155 resolved

     Issue 152:       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-152 

       Overtaken by events
      MOTION: Jacques move 152 close with no action as fixed in wd35,  Gil seconded
      no objections, close 152 with no action

     Issue 156:       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-156 

      There is a question on whether a component can be used by more than one assembly
      Can a component be simultaneously part of more than one assembly?  If so we would need to have the backpointer from component to assembly to be an array
      Change assembly attribute of component resource, to change its type to be an array of Links.  and change its name to assemblies
      Tom stated a question, can a component be used by an assembly which did not create it
      Jacques (Fujitsu): option for #156 and all the links that need be represented: instead of spreading all these links as "references" across all resources of an assembly, could use instead a "Connectivity" resource under an assembly, that represents all the components graph with all possible relationships i.e. the "edges" of the graph as a set of {compX, compY, relSemantics}
      then the next question is whether a component can be used by more than one assembly.  I think these may be two questions
      Gil: component is created when the assembly is instantiated
      Question is can there be a component that is already there when an assembly is instantiated.
      EG, a Tomcat component is always there on the platform
      Tom suggested making the assembly backpointer in component resource to be usingAssemblies link array to assemblies which are using this component.  Change the UML to have the backpointer be a new association, not tied to the hasComponent relationship
      Gill will work on a resolution proposal
    Issue 153: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-153 

      Two approaches to identify services in a DP
      Adrian to work on a proposal

Discussion on gil's email: action to raise as new issue   on how extension attributes work with the inheritance hierarchy of type definitions 
Jacques (Fujitsu): I'd be a bit conservative and keep the possibility to add  attributes (extend) to existing types without formally "subtyping"...

      Stragglers: add Derek to the roll
Meeting adjourned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]