From: Martin Chapman
Sent: 03 March 2014 16:18
To: Martin P Pain; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: RE: [camp-comment] Response to call for comments: "application packag", "_uri", and "DP example"
Many thanks for taking the time to read and comment.
I have logged this feedback in https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-164
The TC will discuss this during one of its meetings and I will let you know of the outcome.
1. In section 1.3 Example, it talks about "application package". Is this the same thing as a "Plan resource" (compare with section 2.3)?
2. Do the property names need "_uri" on the end? By putting that on, you prevent using the same property name in future for an inlined version of the linked resource (if a future spec version allows it, e.g. to allow the reduction of HTTP requests needed to get certain information/resources). A property named "operations" on an assembly resource (as indeed the arrow is labelled in the 2nd diagram in section 2.2.6) would have exactly the same semantics as a property named "operations_uri", when the value is a string containing a URI. The advantage of the former would be the possible widening of the allowed value type in future, as mentioned just now, where the value would be a JSON object rather than a string.
3. Example 5 (s126.96.36.199) still says "DP" while example 6 has changed this to "Plan"
Some spelling/grammar points which aren't part of changes from the previous comment period:
4. Section 2.7 Representation skew: "it exists but it an intermediate state" should be "it exists but in an intermediate state".
5. In various places the informal spelling "thru" is used. I would expect this to be "through".
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation WG joint chair
IBM United Kingdom Limited
Registered in England and Wales with number 741598
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU
Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU