OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

camp message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Draft Meeting Minutes 5th March 2014

Meeting Minutes 5th March 2014


Software AG, Inc.			Bhaskar Reddy Byreddy	Member
Oracle					Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Voting Member
OASIS					Chet Ensign		OASIS Staff Contact
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld		Voting Member
Oracle					Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle					Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Oracle					Gilbert Pilz		Voting Member
Red Hat				Krishna Raman	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt		Voting Member


        Scribe: Jacques
        Roll: attendees listed above,  Voting Members: 8 of 11 (72%)  meeting is quorate
        Agenda: approved as posted

        12th February 2014:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201402/msg00036.html 
       Minutes Feb 12: Anish moves to adopt, Ashok 2nd. No obj. Approved.


     topic: status

       15 days PR for main spec (ends on Monday 17th March)
       30 days for TAs, ending Apr 2nd.

       Anish: getting folks in Solum to read the spec? and give feedback?
       Alex: was on Solum meeting, the spec link was given in IRC. They are aware of it. We'll get feedback.

       topic: timeline

       we are behind the original timeline.
       open issues: none.
       3 new issues though.

       Chair: timezones misaligned due to daylight saving time earlier in EU.

TC Admin:

       TC admin introduce new comment feedback technique being trailed in a special  TA PR html doc
       ... aim at allowing in-lined comments in the doc under review.
       ... generates emails to comment list.
       ... later on: links directly into JIRA so no need to create a JIRA issue manually.
       Martin: excellent. Link to JIRA would be great. A template in the email would help.
      anish: +1 to integration with JIRA and template
       MartinC: template could include type (ed/technical) and priority (high, med, low)
       Tom: when does the IPR release comes in - when joining comment-list?
       Chet: same previous comment-list subscription mechanism covers this.
       Tom: spreadsheet of comments: how is it generated?
       Chet: TAB uses JIRA to track all PR comments (on initial reviews at least). Then exports JIRA into a spreadsheet. Could move TAB PR (JIRA) issues directly into TC JIRA.
       Chair thanks Chet and the TAB for trying to improve the commenting process.

Topic: new issues

       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-163   Feedback/Questions on CAMP Version 1.1 Working Draft 32 (Dated: 5 December 2013)
            anish: this is really reopening an older issue
             Tom: would that be a material change
             Yes: would need another PR.
             Gil: moves we open 163, Tom 2nd.
             Gil: P1 (will need a new PR)
              no obj. Adopted.

       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-164  Response to call for comments: "application packag", "_uri", and "DP example"

       Mostly editorial.
       Tom: item #2 is a breaking change - major.
       Gil: split the issue in 2.
       Tom: the resolution can be split.
       Chair: just split it: 164 now just editorial. CAMP-166 created to cover only point 2, and point 2 removed from 164.

       Tom: moves to open (new) 164, Gil 2nd.
       No discuss, no obj. 164 is open.

       https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-166  CLONE - Response to call for comments: "application packag", "_uri", and "DP example"

       Gil: moves to close with No Action, Tom: 2nd.
       Alex: seems rude to reject the issue. Shouldn't we defer it to a next version?
       Tom: we need to have a wish list for future versions.
       Motion fails - no UNAN disapproval...

       Gil: moves to open 166, Tom: 2nd
       No discuss, no obj, 166 open

      https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-165  CAMP and RDF

       Martin: in 2nd PR comment is limited to the changes only. So this comment is beyond scope of comments (RDF vs. JSON)
       anish: json support is required
       anish: other serializations are possible
       chair: that is a request to create a new doc.
       chair: question is, if our charter allows for this work.
       Anish: should open the issue, and welcome proponents of alternative serialization to join TC (may need expertise outside this current TC)

       Anish: moves to open 165. Alex 2nd.

      Alex Heneveld: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Services_for_Lifecycle_Collaboration 
       Martin: against the motion: (procedural) we should create new issue more focused on a new doc
       Ashok: knows about OSLC. Could work with an RDF expert.
      MartinC: we could of course accept the motion and the resolution is cna and creation of a new action
       Martin: we close with no action (in editing spec)
       Motion to open 165. No obj. Open.

       Chair: need to liaise with OSLC TC.
       Anish: should reach out, TC is open, invite to join and lead the effort.
      Alex Heneveld: +1
       Alex: needs to create a positive outcome for issues that are not just for spec editing.
      anish: basically, invite them to lead the effort
       Martin: create a new JIRA component for future actions.
       Action Item to Martin: create a new JIRA venue for non-editorial issues.


       Straggler roll:
       Gil: urge members to publicize the PR, and CAMP more generally
       meeting next week? call MAY be cancelled if no PR comments.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]