Subject: Re: [camp] Fwd: new json RFC at IETF - RFC7159

I looked at the RFC and searched for 'interop' as Tim's blog suggests. Here are the differences:

1) object keys SHOULD be unique. Our spec disallows (SHALL NOT) duplicate keys. So this version is better than previous version in this regard.

2) This spec allows simple values without curly braces or brackets. So something like "4" or "true" is valid JSON. This gets rid of the difference between ECMA and IETF specs. Since our resources (at the top level) are objects, it doesn't affect us.

3) The encoding requirement (UTF8/16/32) are much stronger (SHALL). RFC4627 does not have a SHALL/MUST regd this.

4) BOM is disallowed in the new spec for serialized JSON.

5) Lots of advice about interop.

-Anish