Subject: Draft Minutes 7th May 2014

Meeting Minutes 7th May 2014

Attendees:

US Department of Defense (DoD)	Michael Behrens	Member
Oracle				Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited			Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle				Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle				Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.		Adrian Otto	Chair
Vnomic				Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle				Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited			Tom Rutt		Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.			Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Scribe: Alex Heneveld
      Roll:  Voting Members: 10 of 11 (90%) , meeting is quorate
      Agenda: agenda approved a posted w/o objs

Minutes:

     16th April 2014: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201404/msg00017.html

      MOTION: gil moves to approve minutes, 2 adrian.  approved w/o objs.

Editing Team Update:

   Primer Starter Document: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201404/msg00023.html
   Editors wil start work on it.

Issue discussion:

    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-168   requirment_type is confusing for implementers

      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): remarks from Devdatta: "(comment): I LIKE the new descriptions. They provide lot of clarity on how to interpret
         the requirement_type and fulfillment/characteristics node."
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): "I think as long as the service that is referenced is registered with the platform
         the model interpreter should not have issues discovering it and using it."
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Perhaps  alignment with TOSCA is for a future revision after each has more implementation and usage experience
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace): +1. We are learning a lot through the process of implementation and usage.
      jacques - consider alignment w tosca
      michael - could consider using aliases.  and could consider using the word "dependency".
      Alex Heneveld: +1 convergence w tosca, after this v is out the door.  tosca is building a yaml (yay), it is solving a bigger problem, but it would be nice where we overlap we agree
      derek - a version expression language would be useful. other groups adopting maven / osgi conventions.
      Alex Heneveld: all sensible people would use that versioning scheme anyway!
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): what happens is TOSCA final spec has refined the initial syntax they are now using.
      Alex Heneveld: but i think it's too early for us to mandate, or even suggest in the official spec, specific requirements or types
      MartinC: agreed, keep it fluid and experiment
      Alex Heneveld: we could suggest that a semantic versioning such as in Maven or OSGi or TOSCA be used (i think people should) -- but i'm against any more than that at this stage, it gets in to us dictating best practice or specific types
      martin - nice if we are composable w tosca
      derek - versioning becomes very important for consumers / adoption, so should informally at least agree

      Motion: tom moves to accept gil's proposal to CAMP-168 and resolve it, 2nd Alex.
            gil will open issue for versioning
      approved w/o objs.  168 resolved.

Discussion: primer
       chair will create new Primer component in JIRA and reallocate appropriate issues, primer editors to start populating first draft
       tom - how's it going to work starting the primer?
      gil - start w examples?
      alex - start w outline and canonical examples in parallel
      chair - action on editors to come back w outline by 28 may

AOB:

      chair - suggests reconvening 28 may (skip next 2 meetings)
        Agreed

      Stragglers:

Meeting adjourned