Subject: Draft Minutes 11th June 2014

Meetign Minutes 11th June 2014

Attendees:

Oracle			Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited		Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Cloudsoft Corporation Limited	Alex Heneveld	Voting Member
Oracle			Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle			Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Adrian Otto	Chair
Oracle			Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited		Tom Rutt	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.		Prasad Yendluri	Voting Member

Intro:

      Sribe: Ashok
      Roll: Attendees listed above. Voting Members: 9 of 10 (90%), meeting is quorate.
      Agenda: approved as posted

Minutes:

        4th June 2014: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201406/msg00003.html
            Motion: Gil moves to accept.  Anish seconds.
            Minutes approved without objection

 No action items:

Admin:

      3 open issues

No new issues.

No editing team update as no issues were resolved.

Topic:  ISSUE-169 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-169

      Gil:  We discussed and agreed to remove example that causes confusion
      Gil goes thru the changes on WebEx
      Martin:  Just changed informative text.  So, no material change.
      Tom:  Where is the text that enables this.
      Gil: 4.3.5.2  hidden in fact that it is either string or service specification

      Motion: Gil:  Moves to accepct his proposal in JIRA as resolution for ISSUE-169.
      Alex seconds
      Resolved without objection

Topic:  ISSUE-171 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-171

      Gil explains proposal
      PR-76 is a new requirement
      Gil:  Text to explain that SELECT ATTR applies to PUT as well as GET
      Discussion about what happens when an attribute that is selected by SELECT ATTR but is omitted in the body
      Tom:  Behaviour needs clarification
      Jacques (Fujitsu): If a resource attribute is present on a resource and if an HTTP PUT request that does not have select-attr parameter omits that attribute in its body, it SHOULD be treated by the Provider as a request to delete the attribute. [PR-25]
      Gil makes a textual proposal
      Tom likes the proposal
      Martin:  Gil will take another stab at a proposal

Topic:  ISSUE-172 https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/CAMP-172

      Alex Heneveld: "CAMP does not endorse any particular versioning scheme. Users of CAMP are encouraged just to do things right the first time."
      Alex:  This will take care of itself.  People will use simple versioning strategies.
      Tom:  Scary to be adding functionality at this stage
      Martin:  Would people be happy to defer this issue?
      Adrian:  The rationale was to be able to move an app from one implementation of CAMP to another.
      ... if we defer we are giving up on that
      Anish:  We can put a specific versioning scheme in the primer and see what uptake we get
      Alex:  I don't think it is a big interop issue
      ... because the interpretation of the version is up to the provider of the service
      Martin:  I don't think primer is appropriate place for this
      ... if we providing a syntax it should go in the spec
      Alex Heneveld: rational version scheme ... i like that, as opposed to having to use v1.41421... :)
      Gil: "versions SHALL be expressed as rational numbers"
      Martin:  We need to keep discussing this

AOB:

      Stragglers: Adrian added
      Martin:  Can we cancel next weeks call?
      Next week's call is cancelled. Next meeting on 25th June 2014

ADJOURNED