Subject: RE: [camp] Groups - camp-spec-v1.1-wd45-173.doc uploaded

I see no problem with the current pointers.

Having "redudant" links from sensors to campResource and individual Sensor to campResource is an optimization.

Tom
From: camp@lists.oasis-open.org [camp@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Alex Heneveld [alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:27 AM
To: Gilbert Pilz; Behrens, Michael V CTR DISA PEO-C2C (US)
Cc: camp@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Michael,

My reasoning is that the philosophy of REST is to include links to
context so if you are looking at something you can with a single link,
find out what it pertains to.  Outwith REST you'd usually do this by
peeling back the path segments of the URL.

We could have sensor_resource point to sensors_resource instead, and
sensors_resource point to camp_resource, but that felt less useful than
having the camp_resource that the sensors list, or a sensor, (or an op
or the ops list) referenced as a link.

Or we could do away with the context, there is no technical requirement,
but in practice I find it helpful.

--A