Subject: Draft Minutes 1st October 2014

Meeting Minutes 1st October 2014

Attendees:

Oracle	 	Martin Chapman	Chair
Fujitsu Limited	Jacques Durand	Voting Member
Oracle		Anish Karmarkar	Voting Member
Oracle		Ashok Malhotra	Voting Member
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.	Adrian Otto	Secretary
Vnomic		Derek Palma	Voting Member
Oracle		Gilbert Pilz	Voting Member
Fujitsu Limited	Tom Rutt	Voting Member
Software AG, Inc.	Prasad Yendluri	Member

IntroL
      Scribe: Anish Karmarkar
      Chair: Martin Chapman
      Date: 2014-10-01
      Topic: Roll
        Voting Members: 8 of 8 (100%) (used for quorum calculation)
         Quorate
      Topic: agenda bashing
      update: 100% attendance of voting members
      agenda approved w/o change

Topic: Approval of minutes of 2014-08-27

      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201408/msg00033.html

      Motion: m:Adrian s:Gil Approve minutes of 2014-08-28 posted at  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/camp/email/archives/201408/msg00033.html
      motion approved w/o

Topic: implementation status

      Gil: Solum CAMP API is progressing. Not quickly as I would wish, but moving forward.
      Alex: Not much to report on expanding coverage, but we are using CAMP a lot including the YAML.
      ... wrt Apache Brooklyn

Topic: Editing team update

      Gil: PR had broken refs. Fixed it and uploaded. No more broken refs.
      Martin: TC admin published the ones with broken links, but no comments on that
      ... are there TA issues wrt broken refs
      Jacques: will take a look
      ... we ought to fix this before CS

      Anish: TC admin sent out instructions on how to find out those errors and fix them before pushing a spec out

Topic: PR status

      PR closed yesterday, no comments.
      Tom: if we didn't require impl. before CS but before OS, is that a charter change?
      Martin: probably, but since there is no scope change, it is just a clarification
      Anish: how far are the impl?
      Alex: would love to finish it, but very busy. We need to either find a customer for whom this is a priority or some contributor comes forward. If the spec moves to the next level of maturity, it makes a difference and would welcome it.
      Gil: neutral. If going to CS results in attention then I'm all for it.
      ... Solum impl will definitely get done before year end, probably earlier.
      ... Would favor going to CS
      Martin: what is the likelihood of finding material changes?
      Gil: finding bugs about 1 a week, but nothing major
      ... probability of finding major bugs is relatively low
      Alex: agree on the bugs. Minor things can be worked around. But mostly solid.

      Anish Karmarkar1 initiated a vote - please click the Vote button to cast your ballot:
      Should we do a charter clarification to require an Exit Criteria for OS and not CS?
      (1) Yes
      (2) No
      (3) Don't Care

      Martin (Oracle) voted for: Yes
      Alex Heneveld voted for: Yes
      Ashok Malhotra (Oracle) voted for: Yes
      jacques Durand (Fujitsu) voted for: Yes
      Gil voted for: Yes
      Tom Rutt (Fujitsu) voted for: Yes
      Anish Karmarkar1 voted for: Yes
      Adrian Otto (Rackspace) voted for: Yes
      Derek Palma (Vnomic) voted for: Yes
     Anish Karmarkar1 ended the vote - results:

      Tally  Choice
      8      Yes
      0      No
      0      Don't Care
     0      Abstains
      Unanimous opinion to do a charter clarification

    Discussion of charter text change. All we have to do is change Committee Specification to OASIS Standard.

     Motion: m:TomR s:Adrian Request the TC admin to start a charter clarification ballot with the following change:
         In "A list of deliverables", 2nd bullet, 2nd    sentence
         change "The exit criteria must be met before the deliverable advances to Committee Specification."
         to "The exit criteria must be met before the deliverable advances to OASIS Standard."

      No discussion

      Motion approved w/o

      Tom: after the clarification goes through we should do a CS
      Martin: yes, another vote managed by the TC admin

AOB:

      No meeting next week. Next meeting on 15th oct.

Meeting adjourned