cap-dev message

Subject: RCAP 1.0.0 - Common Alerting Protocol for Ruby

I am pleased to announce the release of RCAP 1.0.0 a Common Alerting
Protocol API for the Ruby programming language.

The major addition in RCAP 1.0.0 is the addition of CAP 1.2 support
along with various other bugfixes and features:

* Added namespaces (RCAP::CAP_1_1 and RCAP::CAP_1_2) to separate CAP
1.1 and CAP 1.2 classes
* Moved to RSpec2 and Bundler
* Added factory methods to create Info, Resource, Area and Polygon
objects from their parent object
* Added factory methods to RCAP::Alert module to parse in files and
return objects in the correct CAP namespace
* Pretty print XML and JSON output

Further information and resources:

* The RCAP project page can be found at http://www.aimred.com/projects/rcap
* The RCAP API documentation can be found at
http://www.aimred.com/projects/rcap/api
* A public git repository can be found at http://github.com/farrel/RCAP

I have also released a CAP validator based on RCAP which is available
at http://capvalidator.heroku.com. Feel free to test it using any CAP
messages of your own and please let me know if it validates an invalid
message or vice versa.

RCAP is released under the BSD License.

Farrel Lifson
--
Aimred - Ruby Development and Consulting
http://www.aimred.com