cgmo-webcgm-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: kgordon@docsoft.com

I have a question, I know i'll find some help here.  It regards non-uniform rational b-splines.

The first sentence I hear out of every CGM proponents mouth is that SVG can't replace CGM becuase SVG doesn't support NURBS.  Well I wanted to do some testing and see how well they preformed. Well it's funny, i've been trying to find a CGM with a NURB for quite some time now.  There isn't one in any test suite available, NIST/ATA/Etc.  There was 1 cgm with a bspline, but it wasn't a nurb, (it was element 24 'nub', rather than 25 'nurb')  Where would a person find a cgm with a NURB in it?