cgmo-webcgm-comment message

Subject: Symbols used as line types and area fills?

Hello,

We have a need for displaying map info where line and area features are
portrayed as repeating instances of a specific symbol, oriented/clipped
to the specific path/area fill as appropriate, based on a separate data
source which supplies geometry and attributes.

In reviewing WebCGM as a potential solution, the closest mention I found
was to a "geometric fill" as well as the information that capability was
not implemented.

Am I correct in concluding that WebCGM is not a viable solution for this
need?

Many thanks in advance!

Mark Dyson
Northrop Grumman Corporation