Subject: Reminder - Telecon on Wednesday, July 14

A reminder that the CGMO TC has a telecon on July 14
Details:
Wednesday, July 14
7:00-8:00 AM Pacific Time
206-655-2988 (Toll free, if necessary: 866-235-8350)
Passode:	534602

confirmation: S - 72764

We advise that you give all participants our number (206-655-2254) in case they have any questions or problems. Use prompt 5 for problems.
This is a change from the previous connect information.
Note it is scheduled for 1 hour, but I can extend it if needed.

Agenda:
Review of action items from Cologne (attached):
Review of action items from June 9 telecon (attached)
Open questions from Benoit's latest (June 11 Draft)

attributes of type NodeList, A NodeList containing the attributes (Application Structure and namespace attributes) of this node (must be a
XML_ELEMENT_NODE, PICTURE_NODE or APP_STRUCTURE_NODE), null otherwise.

 Do people want a NodeList or a NamedNodeMap?
-----------
getElementsByAttrNameValueNS

 Need Dave on this one! On which interface do you need this functionality?
-----------
applyCompanionFile

The applyCompanionFile reads an XML companion file into the user agent's object model. If companion information is found in the companion file (in the form
of namespace attributes and namespace children elements), the user agent will create new namespace application structures as children of existing WebCGM
Application Structures within it's object model. This information will then be accessible using methods found on the Picture, AppStructure and Node interfaces.
Depending on the parameters, the applyCompanionFile method may or may not 'apply' the XML companion file. Please refer to the Relationship with XML
companion file section for more detail.

 applyCompanionFile is probably the most important API of the entire DOM, please comment on wording and parameters!
-----------
highlight

Highlights a collection of Application Structures.

 I need a method description from group members regarding highlight!
-----------
Note: Descriptions of all style attributes have to be provided. stroke-color includes CGM attributes edge-color, line-color and marker-color. stroke-weight
includes CGM attributes edge-weight and line-weight. RGB colors are expressed has hexadecimal values. Absolute mm are expressed with a number followed
by the 'mm' unit, ex: "3mm". Relative scale values are expressed as a number followed by a '%' unit, ex: "225%", the value can exceed 100%. Relative intensity
values are expressed as a number followed by a '%' unit, ex: "75%", the value cannot exceed 100%.

 Should character-height be expressed in mm or pt?
-----------
getLinkuris

Returns a list of all Hyperlinks associated with the given Application Structure.

No Parameters

No Return value

Nodelist; A list of of Hyperlink Nodes containing hyperlink attributes.

 I don't know how to do getLinkuris without introducing a HyperLink interface?
 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/REC-03-CGM-IC.html#webcgm_3_2_2_3
-----------
Interface Text

The Text interface represents the textual content of an XML_ELEMENT_NODE and ATTR_NODE.

 I'm combining the DOM Text and CharacterData interface into this single WebCGM DOM Text interface. I very knowledgeable on the topic of entities;

 what happends in the textual content of an XML file contains entities? How do we handle that?
-----------
isElementContentWhitespace of type boolean, readonly

Returns whether this text node contains element content whitespace (see XML specification).

 What does WebCGM say about Whitespace handling, would this be useful to us?
-----------
data of type DOMString, readonly

The character data of the node that implements this interface.

 Do we want the DOM substringData method in case the 'data' is too long to fit in a DOMString?

Any comments or questions on the DOM (email discussion has been pretty limited over the last month)

Talk to you on Wednesday.

thx...Dave Cruikshank
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com