Subject: Fwd: re: [cgmo-webcgm] New draft snapshot

Hi all,

Thank you for the information Don.  What we now have to decide is what
is 'relative intensity' relative to?  To say "Then the desired
Relative Intensity replaces the luminance component in calculated HLS"
might not be specific enough.

Here's an example, let's take purple color RGB(171,73,201) with an HLS
equivalent of HLS(285,54,54).

If I set the relative intensity to 50%, what is the new HLS value:
HLS(285,27,54) or HLS(285,50,54)?  In other words, is it relative to
the initial value or relative to the black(L=0%)-white(L=100%) range?
Given the name 'relative intensity', I suspect we mean the former, is
that correct?

If the answer is that it is relative to the initial value, are we
allowed to make the color 'whiter' by setting an intensity higher than
100%, for example setting 150% on that purple would make the HLS
values(285,81,54).  If this is allowed, I presume we should clamp the
L value at 255, correct?

Please let me know what's your take on this.

--
Best regards,
 Benoit                            mailto:benoit@itedo.com

This is a forwarded message