Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] We got cut off! - Fall meeting

Dieter,

I think I distributed this last month.  It was my initial cut and noting the differences and suggested alignment questions for WebCGM 2.0.  Can you use this as an initial cut of the graphical upgrade of WebCGM?

thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Weidenbrueck [mailto:dieter@itedo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:44 AM
To: Cruikshank, David W; Lofton Henderson
Cc: CGM Open WebCGM TC

Dave,

all is fine with one exception:

>11 August (telecon):  WebCGM 2.0 feature freeze:
I agree with this as far as DOM and Companion Files go, however, no
real work has been done yet on the rest of WebCGM 2.0, i.e. the
graphics stuff.
We should have a clear understanding soon what we want to change:
- changes that will eliminate differences with GREXCHANGE as much
  as possible
- graphic changes as discussed in Cologne
- structural changes
  (1 picture per file only, no continued APS ID)
- intelligent content
  expand fragment syntax
  agree on object behavior matrix
  new APS ATTR interactivity (was behavior)

Questions:
- who is going to work on this?
- when will we have a complete list of changes?
- we discussed that several issues would be treated as defect
  resolutions for WebCGM 1.0 in Cologne
  (remove ambiguities around normative sections (DTD etc),
   names on para/subpara)
  Lofton had an action item here

I find it ambitious to plan for a feature freeze for all this on
August 11 given the current status.

What do you think?

Regards,
Dieter