Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] New draft snapshot

Title: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] New draft snapshot

Benoît,

Just a quick remark:

Within some sections like the following one:

"Another benefit of the XML companion file is to carry application specific data (or metadata) concerning a WebCGM illustration. This information is expressed using namespace attributes and elements in the XML companion file. The WebCGM DOM provides method to load the XML metadata into the user agent's object model. Using the DOM, a user can gain access to the metadata. Here is an example to better illustrate the concept, let us assume we are working with the following WebCGM document (expressed in clearText encoding):"

You are using sometimes the terms "WebCGM DOM" and "DOM". My thought is, tough it is very heavy to read, the "WebCGM DOM" shall be used everywhere (no implicit meaning), if not done some implementors may understand that another DOM will take in charge the expected behavior. Maybe an alternative is to state at the beginning that within the scope of the document DOM is meaning the WebCGM DOM and then states that any reference to "other DOMs" will be done using clear identification of the given DOMS (for instance "XHTML DOM").

I have just finished the reading of the last snapshot (back from holiday this morning), I do not have other strong comments on the content of it. I would be pleased to see it really implemented for our future uses.

Regards,

Franck DULUC
Technical Data Research Manager
Customer Services - SDND