Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Ecmascript binding question

Hi Ulrich,

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but here is an attempt to
answer.

Applications can be exchanged if they use WebCGM standard API calls.
They will be exchangeable between viewers that implement the WebCGM
DOM API.

If the application uses vendor proprietary APIs, it will not run in
any other viewer.  All vendors *must* implement the API as per defined
in the spec.  If a viewer implementation diverges from the spec(ie, changes
function name, return type, parameter type), it will not be standard
compliant.