Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] DOM questions and implementation feedback

I guess I'll weigh in on a couple of Benoit's questions...I don't see much traffic from the vendor side though.

BB>   4) What happens if a user changes the raster-intensity of a
BB>   black & white image?  Does an implementation have to convert the black
BB>   & white image to grayscale before changing the intensity?  Or is this
BB>   functionality only intended for grayscale and color images and
BB>   therefore has no effect on black & white images?

I guess I would expect the black to gray? to de-emphasize that portion?

BB>   1) Are APS style attributes cumulative or not?  Example:
BB>   - assume we have a rectangle filled with black.
BB>   - we set it to red by calling setStyleAttr( "fill-color", "#FF0000" );
BB>   - we then set it to a relative color using setStyleAttr(
BB>   "fill-color", "50%" );

Good question...without thinking too much about it, I would expect the transiant behavior of an APS attribute set through the DOM to revert to the original value when a subsequent call to the DOM is made w.r.t that APS?

BB>   2) Is the style attribute "fill-color" suppose to fill objects that
BB>   don't already have a fill-color?   If yes, what does WebCGM say
BB>   about filling non-closed objects?  calling setStyleAttr(
BB>   "fill-color", "50%" ) on a non-filled object should do what?

I would rule that a call to the DOM fill attribute does not change the interior style of any of the closed figures in an APS.  A circle with Interior Style of empty does not get filled if its containing APS is called with a fill-color style attribute.

BB>   3) Since WebCGM only allows for restricted text elements, what is
BB>   the usefulness of changing the font-size? ie, it can't exceed the
BB>   box height?!

This is a question that occurred to me when we initially talked about it in the Cleveland meeting.  Dieter was the one that introduced the change of font size.  I think the restricted text box ends up getting  in the same was as the character height does??

I'll let the vendor community address the following implmenetation questions.

thx...dave