Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Did you say DTD ?

Title: Did you say DTD ?
Franck,

I've been thinking about this at little.  There's really two issues here, I think.  One is to come up with an ATA version of the generic WebCGM DTD that will satisfy the DOM requirements for ATA CGM manipulation.  The second is that I think we agreed to take the current GREXCHANGE 2.9 DTD and move it to a higher level so that it could be used on any graphic format, including tiff, png, jpeg, etc.

To answer your question about reuse, I think if you don't use the WebCGM DOM structure, you can reuse grobject, but you have to treat it as an ATA namespace element (atans:grobject).  That's my interpretation.

thx...dave
-----Original Message-----
From: DULUC Franck [mailto:franck.duluc@airbus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 7:30 AM
To: 'cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org'
Cc: PECOULT Marie-Julie (COFRAMI)
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Did you say DTD ?

Dear all,

        We are currently performing on the action I got during the last ATA meeting:

        Demonstrate how we can go to the WebCGM DTD from the ATA GREXCHANGE 2.9 one.

        Then comes the question from Marie-Julie (the girl actually performing the work).

        In the extensible parts of the DTD, am I allowed using the WebCGM compatible element (for instance grobject) ? I suspect no but I would like a confirmation.

        In case of yes, it is allowed, then am I allowed nesting them ?

Regards,

Franck DULUC
Technical Data Research Manager
Customer Services - SDND