Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGM and the <object> tag

At 08:49 AM 12/7/2004 +0100, Dieter Weidenbrueck wrote:

>[...]
>
>Probably the best way to handle this variety of options is to say "viewers
>are expected
>to handle OBJECT tags with the following parameters" or similar.

I am opposed to such waffle wording.  The wording in the WebCGM 1.0
specification is perfectly clear and unambiguous, IMO, and describes a
single well-defined way to achieve the intended effect.  (It is also well
founded in W3C standards, as it was co-designed by Chris Lilley, who
chaired the HTML Working Group).