Subject: Proposal: Modifications to WebCGMNodeList

Hi all,

  We recently realized that the WebCGMNodeList interface was
  incomplete.  First there is no method for creating a new
  WebCGMNodeList from ecmascript.  We have a createWebCGMStringList on
  the WebCGMPicture interface but we don't have an equivalent one for
  Nodes.  The consequence of that is that it is nearly impossible to
  create a list of nodes to be passed to the highlight() method.

  Second, we believe the WebCGMNodeList methods should match the one
  found on the WebCGMStringList interface.  After all, they are both
  lists.

  Proposal 1, adding a createWebCGMNodeList to the WebCGMPicture
  interface:

  - createWebCGMNodeList()
  Creates an WebCGMNodeList outside of any document trees. The
  object is initialized with a count of 0.

  No Parameters
  Return value, WebCGMNodeList A WebCGMNodeList object
  No Exceptions

  Proposal 2, adding the following methods to the WebCGMNodeList
  interface:

  - removeItem()
  Removes an existing item from the list.

  Parameters, index of type unsigned long
  The index of the item which is to be removed. The first item is number 0.

  Return value, WebCGMNode The removed item.
  No Exceptions (?)

  - appendItem()
  Inserts a new item at the end of the list. If newItem is already in
  a list, it is removed from its previous list before it is inserted
  into this list.

  Parameters, newItem of type WebCGMNode
  The item which is to be inserted into the list. The first item is number 0.

  Return value, WebCGMNode The inserted item.

  No Exceptions (?)

  - clear()
  Clears all existing current items from the list, with the result
  being an empty list.

  No Parameters
  No Return Value
  No Exceptions