Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] CGM source files

Boeing (Stuart) will provide a WebCGM 2.0 file to support each of the following test cases:  WebCGMNode, WebCGMPicture, and WebCGMEvent.  We will committ to a delivery date of 28 Jan.

thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:04 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] CGM source files

Hi all,

  I agreed to take an action item at today's conference call to
  identify the type of CGM files needed for our test suite.

  If I look at the interfaces that we have right now, I think we can
  get a good idea of what's needed. In most cases, I think we want
  them small (< 50 KB). As a bonus, it would be good if we could get
  good looking files, CGM could use a bit of publicity :)  But this is
  secondary.  Let's get a first batch of files, we can tweak them
  later.  People should reply back (to the group) and identify which
  files they want to have.

  GetWebCGMDocument -- no need for a specific CGM file, this can be
  tested with any of the other files.

  WebCGMMetafile -- Any small CGM file will do, possibly remove any
  vendor specific information in the metafileDescription (since it is
  likely to be displayed, we want the test suite neutral).

  WebCGMNode -- Here it would be good to have 3 CGM files from
  different vendors with complex structure (grobject within grobject,
  grobject within layer, subpara within para etc...). This is required
  for the tree traversal routines.

  WebCGMPicture -- If we want to have a few interesting to look at CGM
  files, I think they should be used here.  Time for the users to show
  off their talent :)  We need a file with layers to turn some of them
  invisible and some others visible.  We also need a file with
  multiple objects with the same name (to test
  getAppStructuresByName). It would be nice to get 2 files here. One
  file should include a bitmap.

  WebCGMAppStructure -- Similar to the WebCGMPicture files, but more
  importantly, we need a file containing objects with many APS
  attributes on them. It would be nice to get 2 files for this. One
  file to include a bitmap.

  WebCGMNodeList -- No files required, we can use the other ones.

  WebCGMStringList -- No files required, we can use the other ones.

  WebCGMAttr -- No files required, we can use the same files that were
  used for WebCGMAppStructure.

  WebCGMEventListener -- No files required.

  WebCGMEvent -- Two files with basic shapes (rectangles, circles,
  polygons etc...), some of them filled, some not filled.  One file
  should contain APS of type 'grnode'.

  Exceptions -- No files required, we can use the other ones.

  I counted 10 files, I think it's possible to create a test suite
  based on those 10 sample files.

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com