Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Changes to XCF chapters

Hi Mary,

Thanks for jumping in with this...

At 02:42 PM 1/19/2005 -0500, Mary McRae wrote:
>[...]
>   I'm just throwing in my $.02 here :-)  There's no reason that you can't
>split the document into individual chapters, create a new document directory
>within Kavi, and upload each of the individual chapters there.

So each chapter would be a separate document then?  Could a cover page /
TOC document reference and hyperlink to the chapters (for convenience of
reviewers)?

We may have misunderstood the Kavi capabilities.  I will look closer.

I had asked Web team folks a similar question -- multi-file document where
an HTML source references (IMG tag or whatever) separate PNG files
containing illustrations.  I might have misunderstood their answer -- that
such a document structure would require that the referenced bits be on
permanent Web pages (hence writable only by them) -- i.e., something like:
...cgmopen.org/webcgm/webcgm20/20050120/tree-example1.png

(I still don't have a solution to that -- 'img' tag inclusion by reference
[href] of illustrations in external files.)

>It's only an
>interim document, with the intent that it would be combined back into a
>single document once all of the updates are completed. That would allow
>public visibility to the work underway as well as provide a safe home for
>each of the fragments.
>
>   Will this work?

It might.

Another question.  Presumably, the recombination of the parts into a single
document must occur before approval as a Committee Draft?

Thanks,