Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Questions

Hi Lofton,

I think Dave was correct, I recall something like 'version' being a
placeholder for users to store a version number of some sort.  I think
we all agree that 'version' meaning CGM version makes no sense.

Answering: if ATA or AECMA makes its own "cascaded" XCF,based on a
standard WebCGM XCF, is there any recommended way for them to indicate
in an XCF instance that it is an ATA-standard or AECMA-standardXCF,
albeit WebCGM XCF derived?

Good question.  We should probably consider a 'profile' or 'type'
attribute on the outermost element.  We (WebCGM) would set it to
profile="webcgm"; and other groups could set it to profile="aecma".
Would we need a 'profileVersion' attribute also?

i.e., <webcgm profile="aecma" profileVersion="2.1" .../>