Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about 'grnode'

I think that traversal methods like Node.next etc must work,
otherwise it will be difficult to see a complete structure.
getAppStructureByXX should not work, the ID should be opaque.

regards,Dieter

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 9:52 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about 'grnode'

Hi guys,

Lofton and I have been exchanging emails regarding various spec
issues (mostly editing questions).

One of the things that came up was the 'grnode' APS.  We agreed that
companion file metadata cannot be attached to 'grnode' elements.  That
was clearly minuted.  We also said that getElementById would throw
exceptions if the targetted APS was a 'grnode'.

My question: Is 'grnode' _completely_ transparant to DOM access
functions (i.e., getAppStructureById, getAppStructuresByName,
Node.next, Node.previous, Node.firstChild, Node.parentNode etc...),
that was not so clear to me.

Cheers,

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com