Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Preliminary agenda

Attached you will find a crude sample HTML page testing the DOM
WebCGMMetafile interface.  This is probably the least complicated of all
test pages but should be sufficient to discuss the principles.  In the
attached form it works in MetaWeb.

The HTML page loads one of Franck's sample files in a non-viewer specific
way and then allows to retrieve the information defined for the Metafile
interface.  Clicking on the 5 buttons should display the following strings
(in alert dialogs):

CGM Filename: metafile_webcgm.new.cgm
Metafile Descriptor: "ProfileId:WebCGM" "ProfileEd:1.0" "ColourClass:colour"
Metafile ID: metafile_webcgm
Metafile Version: 4
First Picture: metafile_webcgm_c20

First Picture is actually a test for the WebCGMPicture interface (pictid)
already thus proving the possibility to access the first picture in a
metafile.  The page layout is crude indeed but provides an idea of how to
build test pages.  I am working on the according page for the WebCGMPicture
interface right now.  This will be more complicated as, for example, you
will be able to install an event handler by clicking on a button, but to
prove its functionality some interaction will have to be defined (e.g.,
click into the viewer window to launch a message box, or not).

In addition, we need to think about testing error handling.  Would it be
sufficient to provide an identical test case with an invalid CGM filename
and then to describe what needs to be returned when clicking on the 5
buttons, or do we need test files with erroneous elements to trigger certain
error messages, if not for interface Metafile then for others, etc?

Regards
Ulrich