Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Comments on chapter 1

Following Benoit's lead, here is a preview of what I want to look at in
Chapter 1...

Section 1.1:  is the "profile" all of WebCGM 2.0, or is it just the
graphics + APS stuff (excluding XCF and DOM)?  On the one hand, the former
fits my definition of profile (of CGM:1999) better.  On the other hand,
there may be "political" reasons (w/ W3C) to call the whole thing (all of
WebCGM 2.0) the profile.

Section 1.2:  a requirements document (esp for XCF & DOM) would be
nice.  Esp. for W3C purposes.

Section 1.4:  cascading profiles reference needs to be finished.  Also, I
think Cascading Profiles permission should be indicated in the Abstract,
since we are about to lose control of the copyright.

Section 1.4:  should AECMA or its successor be mentioned, as well as ATA
(or are they becoming the same?).

Section 1.5:  should there be a Conformance Clause?  (I think "yes", from
W3C QA work.)  Where should it be?  Here?  or a normative separate later
chapter / appendix?  Is it all normative, or is it a mixture?

Section 1.x:   lso, do "normative reference" belong in non-normative
Chapter 1?  Or should we have them in a normative appendix?  (Or somewhere
else altogether?)

All:  questions or suggestions for Chapter 1?