Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about WebCGM DTD

Title: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about WebCGM DTD

Benoît,

I think the "limitation" was coming from a vendor point of view: for simplification of parsing and WebCGM elements interpretation. For instance in your sample, once you find anything else than a linkuri you can stop interpretation of any other elements.

As a user I would say that the "limitation" is acceptable but removing it could facilitate transltation for viewing from other DTDs. Yet, I would prefer the way that ensure quality and availability of implementations.

Regards,

Franck DULUC
Technical Data Research Manager
Customer Services - SDND
AIRBUS France

Phone: +33 (0)5 61 18 19 16
Fax: +33 (0)5 61 93 59 44
mailto:franck.duluc@airbus.com

Address:
BP D0611, 316, route de Bayonne
31060 TOULOUSE Cedex, FRANCE

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 février 2005 20:27
À : CGM Open WebCGM TC
Objet : [cgmo-webcgm] Question about WebCGM DTD

The chapter 5 from the Munich meeting is marked with the following
comments from Franck and Dave: "Globally, it seems to me that we should
have some wording/links to justify the content model of our elements.
Clarify why the extensions to the content model occur at the end of
the individual content for each element".

I originally had a hard time understanding what needed to be clarified?
After looking at the DTD in more detail, I think I now understand.
Let's look at 'grobject', its content is currently defined as:

<!ENTITY % grobjectEXT "" >
<!ELEMENT grobject ( linkuri* %grobjectEXT; )>

Hence the comments, but to the best of my knowledge, that's an error,
it should be:

<!ENTITY % grobjectEXT "" >
<!ELEMENT grobject ( linkuri %grobjectEXT; )* >

Do people remember ever taking the decision that extended elements
must be the last child of its parent element in the XML companion
file.

To me, this should be valid:
<grobject apsId="myId"/>
  <linkuri .../>
  <ben:myElem .../>
  <ben:anotherElem .../>
  <linkuri .../>
</grobject>

If I correct the DTD, is a justification for our content model still
required?

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com