Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Question about WebCGM DTD

DF> Benoît,

DF> I think the "limitation" was coming from a vendor point of
DF> interpretation.
Did Dieter or myself ask for this? I honestly don't remember.

DF> For instance in your sample, once you find anything else than a
DF> linkuri you can stop interpretation of any other elements.
I'm not doing this in my implementation. And if I have to do that,
you're asking me to write more code.

DF> As a user I would say that the "limitation" is acceptable but
DF> removing it could facilitate transltation for viewing from other
DF> DTDs.
I agree with you that having this restriction in place imposes
unnecessary restrictions on deriving profiles. They can impose that
restriction if they wish to do so, but I don't think WebCGM should
impose it.

DF> Yet, I would prefer the way that ensure quality and availability
DF> of implementations.
I can only speak for Itedo's implementation, but this restriction has
little impact on quality and availability. I actually think it's
easier to implement without the restriction since it's one less 'rule'
to look for.

I would be nice to hear from others on this matter.