Subject: Re[4]: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: what does 'get..' return? [2 of 2]

Hi all,

<snip>

LH> p.s.  I'm curious -- does anyone know of any DOM-like precedents for
LH> supporting *two* flavors of inquiry against an Attribute, "defined" and
LH> "realized"?

You guys sure like to invent new terminology :)
You mean 'specified' and 'inherited' value... I believe SVG Tiny 1.2
will be the first specification. They have a getAttribute() (what we
are familiar with) and it is now introducing a getTrait() (uses strong
types -strings, boolean, floats, integers and also takes into account
inheritance).

Note: We have a strong enough language barrier in the group as it is
(French, German, English...), I think it would help if people would
use keywords that are found in specifications (CSS, DOM, XML, SVG, CGM
etc...)

Cheers,