Subject: WebcgmCD 5.1-5.6 review

All,

Here is my review of Webcgm CD 5.1-5.6. I didn't find anything major technically
incorrect. Many of my comments are suggestions to improve readability and
use consistent nomenclature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1
  suggestion to improve readability-

  line 1 delete "DOM"
  line 2 change "is to allow" to "enables"
           delete "to"

e.g.-

This chapter defines a set of objects and interfaces for accessing and manipulating WebCGM documents. The functionality
specified in this section enables script writers to manipulate WebCGM documents and access information found in standard
WebCGM XML companion files.

5.3
  line 3  for consistent nomenclature change "tooltips" to "screentips"

  line 7, insert "a" after "provides"

  Page 58, line 1 of text below the Example 5.1.b should refer to "example 5.1b"

  Page 59, line 8 should read
	3. An attribute that already exists on the corresponding APS must be updated with the new attribute value.

5.4.1.3
  line 1- looks like a reference is needed in place of "To Do"

5.4.2.1
   line 3- is something needed here for "chapter on inheritance to be done"

5.5

 Delimited WebCGMStrings
   line 2 (  change "ex:" to "e.g."
   line 4- a reference to "see 3.2.3" was suggested in emails pertaining to string.
   line 10- the comment "Need a link for ValidChar" suggest that a reference or something needed here.

5.6

  Example 2 line 3- change "24" to 25.4"
  Example 3 line 1- for clarity enclose s in () e.g.
	Scale Factor is 'metric', (s), then

5.7
  line 10- change "allows to handle"  to "enables the handling of"

  ps. I think I went past end of my assignment but included anyway.

Regards,
Don.