Subject: Re: When is or was the concept and implementation of companion files made part of the webCGM profile or CGM standard?

Hello Harry,

Companion files have been developed in parallel along with the WebCGM
DOM.  Those are the major two pieces of the WebCGM 2.0 upgrade.  The first
Committee Draft (CD) has been approved by the WebCGM TC and published in
March.

We hope to finish issues processing and release the next draft in early
summer.  Test suite construction is well-advanced, and several
implementations are in progress.  We anticipate that we can finish and have
a published standard by the end of the year.

You can find links to the WebCGM 2.0 CD and other resources on the CGM Open
home page [0].  I have copied the WebCGM TC on this message, in case anyone
wants to add anything.  If you want to send a comment to the whole TC, you
can use the "Send a Comment" button on the TC home page [1].

[0] http://www.cgmopen.org
[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=cgmo-webcgm